Let's talk candidates...

Contact Gregg Marshall, if no deal can be done call and hire Michael White. Get this thing over fast with either guy being an upgrade.

How is Michael White an upgrade? I mean if we wiff on better coaches I would take him. But in what way is he better than Martin? His two NIT bids?

Reactions: 1 person
Contact Gregg Marshall, if no deal can be done call and hire Michael White. Get this thing over fast with either guy being an upgrade.

You want to bring in another Louisiana Tech coach who hadn't accomplished anything? Seriously?

Reactions: 2 people
Ben Howland. He's probably interested and we can't afford another year of hearing how we were rejected by five or six guys.

Miles would make sense. This fan base appears to place such a high priority on the coach being outgoing and engaging the fans. Why this is important to fans, I have no idea. But it may placate this DA fan base as long as he wins at a decent clip. This guy does that, and he may be a good coach.

How is Michael White an upgrade? I mean if we wiff on better coaches I would take him. But in what way is he better than Martin? His two NIT bids?

Michael White's HC record 74-31 70.5% winning percentage.
WAC*Regular Season Championship (2013)
C-USA*Regular Season Championship (2014)
USBWA*District VII Coach of the Year (2013)
NABC*District 6 Coach of the Year (2013)
WAC*Don Haskins Coach of the Year (2013)

Played in SEC ( point guard) at Ole Miss coached as an assistant at Ole Miss for 7 years, a very good recruiter. Yes he is an upgrade over Martin.

Michael White's HC record 74-31 70.5% winning percentage.
WAC*Regular Season Championship (2013)
C-USA*Regular Season Championship (2014)
USBWA*District VII Coach of the Year (2013)
NABC*District 6 Coach of the Year (2013)
WAC*Don Haskins Coach of the Year (2013)

Played in SEC ( point guard) at Ole Miss coached as an assistant at Ole Miss for 7 years, a very good recruiter. Yes he is an upgrade over Martin.

0 NCAAT appearances. He'd be the definition of the "up and comer" crap we want to avoid.

If they're going to bring in an "up and comer" at least bring in one who's made the NCAAT.

I'm guessing Howland is just SOL. Looks like nobody wants to touch him.

If so, then our lovely fanbase needs to be prepared to be disappointed. We aren't paying lottery money and we have the reputation (deserved or not) of being a dumpster fire.

If so, then our lovely fanbase needs to be prepared to be disappointed. We aren't paying lottery money and we have the reputation (deserved or not) of being a dumpster fire.

I will say this, I'd take him over a lot of the names being thrown around.

Bo Ryan had zero NCAA Tournament appearances before being hired by Wisconsin and had a record slightly over .500 at UW-Milwaukee. Coaching's a crapshoot, man

VN Store

Back