Let's talk 2020 recruits

Reese is the real deal, I so hope she played at Tennessee, she would make the team so strong.,

Judging from the articles, videos, etc, she appears a terrific prospect. For us, in fact, (I think) she’s a better fit than those rated higher.
However, there are others - one in particular attends a little school right down the road; her name? Well, it “....has a nice ring to it.” She’s stout, fluid, agile, smart, versatile; she too would “....make the team so strong.”
There are some incredible, Coach Kellie types among those considering becoming Lady Vols. We might sign two, three ...none, depending on what they see before commitment date.
These ladies are now reaping the rewards of the countless-thousands of hours that they (and those who love them most) have devoted to this little game.
All this hard-earned notoriety.
And stress!
And it’s probably just old age creeping in, but I keep thinking of the parents.
It’s tough.
Good luck.

Reactions: PRG
the Lady Vols recruiting has evolved since KJH arrived and we begain our board discussion. Now September and those being recruited are weighing their offers. I can only wonder if any of the players on our list have expressed a willingness to commit, but the LVs are reviewing the other possibilities . I wonder whether the plan includes some combination: the 3 best players committed to LV philosophy: 2 best; 1 wing, 1 guard, 1 post; 2 outside shooters; be really careful, next year's class looks promising.

Please share what positions or skill sets you believe most need filling and how many do you hope the LVs sign?

go LVs

Perfect vision for the future is critical.

My vision: What do we really need ?????

This year we have 8 (Bigs) or Post/Forwards ...
We have 4 (Guards) ... Jordan , Rennie , Jaz, Zaay. What do we lose after this year ? ( Harris & Brown ) This alone tells you the most important positions to fill !

Bigs ..... we don’t have to get this year ! I did not say don’t get one .... but not a necessity Sakima Walker seems to be the most logical ! JMO

Wings/Guards .... This should be our focus!
You need a point guard (if not every year , every other would work) ! Haley Van Lith would be a improbable get but you can dream !!! Davis has two more years .... we need her replacement now (Angel Reese ) would be my pick ! If we could pull these two recruits???? We could stop right there !!!! JMO

If we don’t land any of the previously mentioned? My next wishes would be our Tennessee ladies (Treasure & Madison ) I would take either/both of these ladies no matter who else wants to come ! JMO

My thoughts/wishes do not take into consideration any years except for 2020! And once again.... JMO

I figure we have nine for sure coming back and maybe ten. I say that because Davis might not come back for her senior season. She had a two year college degree when she got to Tennessee and in three years certainly has graduated and going to Grad school. I don't know what her plans are, but you have to recruit like she want be here even if she is. We'll need three in this class so if she were to leave would maintain a 12 player roster and if she stays 13. My hope is certainly Angel Reese she is as good as any player in the country. I think we could use a four type player with some shooting skills and certainly a perimeter shooter is always welcome. I agree Walker, Reese and one perimeter player would be perfect let's hope it happens.

I figure we have nine for sure coming back and maybe ten. I say that because Davis might not come back for her senior season. She had a two year college degree when she got to Tennessee and in three years certainly has graduated and going to Grad school. I don't know what her plans are, but you have to recruit like she want be here even if she is. We'll need three in this class so if she were to leave would maintain a 12 player roster and if she stays 13. My hope is certainly Angel Reese she is as good as any player in the country. I think we could use a four type player with some shooting skills and certainly a perimeter shooter is always welcome. I agree Walker, Reese and one perimeter player would be perfect let's hope it happens.
I don’t think we offered Sakima Walker. She dropped her top 5 - Auburn, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Rutgers and Virginia Tech

I don’t think we offered Sakima Walker. She dropped her top 5 - Auburn, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Rutgers and Virginia Tech

As I said earlier: “We don’t need a big “ but we still might take one if the coaches feel good about their potential! JMO

We didn't still could don't know if it would make a difference now. I don't think she fits into the plan for whatever reason. She was very receptive to Tennessee with no response from us.

Just look at her schools of interest .... Ohio State is the highest rated school and they offer everyone a scholarship and let their dads be assistant coaches !!! JMO

We didn't still could don't know if it would make a difference now. I don't think she fits into the plan for whatever reason. She was very receptive to Tennessee with no response from us.

Sakima Walker
Nike Nationals-July 2019: Athletic post performer offers soft touch in the key, elevates and creates spacing over defenders in the paint; a defensive presence in the paint, alters shots; superb in transition game, a rim runner; potential! (Olson)
-----------------

I wonder what the hesitation was. We'll never know, I guess.
Anyway, what catches my eye in this evaluation is the word "elevates." It has been a while since we've had a post who has leaping ability, and so I truly hope one will come Kellie's way soon.

VN Store

Back