Let's remember how bad Jones really was

VolsnRavens

I know this is has been a rough year so far, but I think we are forgetting how bad Jones left this place.

The bad Butch Jones trait that Jeremy Pruitt had to erase from players

"Pruitt made a comment on Monday, during a virtual media session with reporters, that indirectly illustrated how bad things were under Jones. The comment also showed fans how much work Pruitt had to do once he arrived at Tennessee.

“Everywhere I’ve coached, I’m used to players being in the office constantly,” said Pruitt on Monday. “The first year we had to drag them up here. Now we have kids up here all the time studying and trying to be the best player they can possibly be.” "

I think I'll take a deep breath for this season and hope that next season, with a full summer and fall practice, with the culture changed, JG gone (hopefully), and most if not all players recruited by Pruitt, we'll be where we thought we'd be this year. Competitive.

I know this is has been a rough year so far, but I think we are forgetting how bad Jones left this place.

"Pruitt made a comment on Monday, during a virtual media session with reporters, that indirectly illustrated how bad things were under Jones. The comment also showed fans how much work Pruitt had to do once he arrived at Tennessee.

“Everywhere I’ve coached, I’m used to players being in the office constantly,” said Pruitt on Monday. “The first year we had to drag them up here. Now we have kids up here all the time studying and trying to be the best player they can possibly be.” "

I think I'll take a deep breath for this season and hope that next season, with a full summer and fall practice, with the culture changed, JG gone (hopefully), and most if not all players recruited by Pruitt, we'll be where we thought we'd be this year. Competitive.
Time to stop blaming Lyle.

As bad as Butch was, he was competitive with Bama and OU in Y3 and didn't get blown out and have his team quit AT HOME against UK.....

Pruitt inherited a tough situation but it was no worse than what Butch inherited....

Butch was showing signs in Y3 that he wasn't cut out for this gig (the thin skin and the inability to close out games). Pruitt is showing signs in Y3 that this gig may be a little much for him (QB, OL, adjustments, preparation, team chemisty)

That last Butch season was brutal. However, I do see 4-8 as a real possibility this year.

Reactions: joevol33
I think Pruitt gave up on the Alabama game before kickoff. I don't think I have ever seen that before. Not from Botch anyway.
Hopefully Pruitt turns it around in the next year or two because that means UT has turned it around.

Butch never lost to GA State or Kentucky. He even beat UGA and Florida in 2016. Then we got skull drug by Alabama 49-10 and went on to lose to South Carolina and Vanderbilt to prevent us from winning the East. I mean, I'm not bitter or anything.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
I think Pruitt gave up on the Alabama game before kickoff. I don't think I have ever seen that before. Not from Botch anyway.
Hopefully Pruitt turns it around in the next year or two because that means UT has turned it around.
Well, he IS a bubba fan. Maybe he doesn't even really want to beat them. His defeatist mental attitude influences the players.

Butch never lost to GA State or Kentucky. He even beat UGA and Florida in 2016. Then we got skull drug by Alabama 49-10 and went on to lose to South Carolina and Vanderbilt to prevent us from winning the East. I mean, I'm not bitter or anything.
Yep, if Butch had won the east that year he probably would have gotten another year. Maybe things might have worked out different.
when he blew the Oklahoma and texas am games I lost confidence, of course a lost to candy should be a firing offence.

I know his 2015 and 2016 teams were pretty darn good. His 2016 kicked UF’s ass good, and that team is better than anything I’ve seen several years before or since in Knoxville. That UT team would have pummeled any of Pruitt’s three teams.

VN Store

Back