Less than 3 weeks until surgery.

VolDaddy87

approves this message.
Please delete if not allowed. I feel like I am out of options and no where else to turn. I'm not proud of having to ask for help, but my family means more than my pride. I am having a tumor removed from my kidney June 19th and will be out of work for at least a month. 80% chance it's cancer. They are treating is as cancer until proven otherwise. I'm not sure what stresses me more, the cancer, or my family struggling. If you have a few minutes to read the whole story, I've created a GoFundMe explaining it in the description. Either way, thanks for reading and Go Vols.

Kidney Surgery GoFundMe

Edit: I now have a Love/Hate relationship with our favorite color. It is also the color of the kidney cancer awareness ribbon.

Edit 2: I was able to reach enough to cover my July house payment. Hopefully I'll be back at work in time to make the August. I was just asking for help to make it thru. Medical bills can be paid in time and would be more than I could ever bring myself to ask. All the people that donated and offered a prayer, I truly thank you.

Last edited:
Father, I lift up Voldaddy up to you in Jesus name. That you would provide for him physically, spiritually, and financially. I pray that You would guide the hands of the doctors who will be treating him., and that You would provide the wisdom that they will require. I pray that this will not be cancer, but even if it is I pray that You would deliver him from it. I pray that You will comfort him and his family and give them a sense of peace during the weeks and months ahead. To You and You alone be the Glory. In the Precious Name of Jesus Christ our Lord we pray! Amen!

Father, I lift up Voldaddy up to you in Jesus name. That you would provide for him physically, spiritually, and financially. I pray that You would guide the hands of the doctors who will be treating him., and that You would provide the wisdom that they will require. I pray that this will not be cancer, but even if it is I pray that You would deliver him from it. I pray that You will comfort him and his family and give them a sense of peace during the weeks and months ahead. To You and You alone be the Glory. In the Precious Name of Jesus Christ our Lord we pray! Amen!
Amen. Thank you for this. I truly felt your words.

I'd just like to offer some advice that might be helpful. Most credit card companies can offer temporary hardship programs. They might forgive late fees, reduce or waive minimum payments, or freeze interest rates for a period of time. It's worth it to call them and explain your situation. You may also be able to do this with power, water, gas, trash service etc. Let them know you are currently the only income earner in the home and you are about to be out of commission for surgery and recovery.

I'd just like to offer some advice that might be helpful. Most credit card companies can offer temporary hardship programs. They might forgive late fees, reduce or waive minimum payments, or freeze interest rates for a period of time. It's worth it to call them and explain your situation. You may also be able to do this with power, water, gas, trash service etc. Let them know you are currently the only income earner in the home and you are about to be out of commission for surgery and recovery.
Thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought about this. I just looked into it for my mortgage, but the only option they have would require the lump sum of missed payments at the time of reinstatement. I'm going to call them tomorrow just to be sure there isn't anything else. I don't have any credit accounts, other than a credit union credit card and her car payment from the same bank. I'll call them tomorrow, as well as my power and water dept. Thank you again.

I was able to find out that I can roll my wife's car payment to the end of the term for $25. Our water and power company have donation programs that are distributed by the county's Good Samaritan Association when you get behind. Thank you again for your suggestions.

All my best wishes and prayers that the doctors guided by our Lord and Savior will be successful in the surgery and there will be no cancer cells in your body.
Thank you so much. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it all goes and everything to come. It's a blessing to know that I have so many praying for me and my family.

I barely slept at all last night. I don't know how to turn my mind off of this. I know a few of you have been thru this and I have to say that I you are definitely stronger than I. Pre-op tests this Thursday, then surgery next Wednesday. My mind just circles about what if it's not as simple as it seems, what if something goes wrong, what if there's more, all the what ifs. It's enough to almost drive me insane. Just the not knowing.

I barely slept at all last night. I don't know how to turn my mind off of this. I know a few of you have been thru this and I have to say that I you are definitely stronger than I. Pre-op tests this Thursday, then surgery next Wednesday. My mind just circles about what if it's not as simple as it seems, what if something goes wrong, what if there's more, all the what ifs. It's enough to almost drive me insane. Just the not knowing.
I don’t handle helpless very well either!

Hang in there. Thinking of you!

@davethevol Well, right now, my anxiety is up, but I have had the privilege to speak with several folks that have been thru exactly what I am. It really helped to ease my mind. I have my appointment with the urologist in the morning, then pre-op testing at the hospital right after. If all checks out, I'm exactly one week away. I'll update how the test go tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of me.

The what ifs will drive you crazy. It doesn't keep you from running them through your mind though. Know that I'm still praying for you and your family brother.

Seen my urologist/surgeon this morning. His plans are the same and he seems very optimistic. Pre-admission tests all went well this afternoon. Got my instructions and special soap. Everything seems a go for Wednesday morning. I'll know exactly what the mass is 5 days later. But it seems no further treatment will be needed either way if the surgery goes as planned.

Just now saw this thread - my dad had the same thing -- although the kidney had to be removed - he did not need any dialysis and he lived over 20 years ( had this done in his 50s) Like MBRO said pray and you will pull through

Last edited:

VN Store

Back