Les Miles for Tennessee's HC

Isn't Less Miles's contract up this year? Don't you think he is looking for a new home after the way LSU treated him last year? Don't you think he would come to Tennessee?

I love his play calling and style. Are you guys as sick of our play calling, clock management, lack of discipline and lack of good in game adjustments as I am?
Miles can't carry butchs jock. Lol

I would love to have Petrino or Herman. Petrino demolished Florida State and Herman handled Oklahoma well. The problem is that they were given a chance to get on the coaching carousel and they chose to stay with Louisville and Houston. Alternatively, I think Miles is available and I for one like his play calling in a game.

I think some Vol fans have unrealistic expectations. I think Les has been a good coach for LSU but unless they can continue to improve during this year, I am suspect if he makes it much further. BTW, his contract is not up this year, but LSU would probably have no issues with someone picking up the tab.

It is not unthinkable to think Les could be picked up by another program. Unless he runs the tables this year, not sure the fans are going to back off. Les has in many ways been the perfect coach for LSU up till now, but the train is leaving the station.

How about giving this year's UT team the chance to succeed before throwing in the towel?

As far as Les, some of this is kind of self-inflicted as well. I haven't thrown in the towel quite yet on LSU's season as there has been noticeable improvement in some areas... the QB position now appears to be somewhat stable but Etling's first SEC road game is this week. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Amazing...we win 9 straight games and some of our fanbase is wanting our coach fired...shouldn't we at least wait until he loses these games first?

So you dont want coach jones as the coach bc he doesn't "open up the play book" but yet you want coach miles who still trys to play 1980s big 10 football.

So you dont want coach jones as the coach bc he doesn't "open up the play book" but yet you want coach miles who still trys to play 1980s big 10 football.

I think Jimbo was running the show and LSU's offense was good for a number of years, even 2007 (although Jimbo wasn't there) was Jimbo's influence. Once the offense started to go down under Crowton it became more apparent that Les was messing even more with the Jimbo implementation.

The offense really isn't any different than 2007 (which was a very good offense), its a mentality, play calling and getting the right players in the mix.

It feels like its an unwillingness to let players fail/succeed with Les, it is ultimately now feels like the train is leaving. With that said, I actually like LSU to be a ground attack first, however, you have to keep it somewhat balanced.... last night was a good start.

As a manager of the team, I think Les is good, as having influence on the offense... maybe not so much. It's still Jimbo's offense, just not being ran like Jimbo.

I wish the trolls would leave, this has been difficult enough without having idiotic suggestions

I hope, for you guys sake, that it never comes to this. A lot of people here in Chattanooga are giving up on Butch but that would be a step down the ladder. There's some wires that aren't connected in that grass eaters brain. Maybe it just comes from living in The Red Stick.

VN Store

Back