Leonard Little in support of CBJ

Pathetic? Because I don't let the orange in my blood cloud my judgement? What Little did was despicable.

But because he wore the UT uniform many are quick to defend him. How do you feel about Ryan Leaf? Darren Sharper? Ray Rice? Michael Vick? Probably think they are all criminal losers because they didn't play for UT, right?

Fact of the matter is Leonard Little killed someone while operating a vehicle drunk. If it was you or me behind the wheel, do we get 4 years probation? Get to earn $30M+ in our career after?

Good job hijacking the thread.

Reactions: 4 people
The car was running like crap in the first half of every trip to work.(That means every game of the season until about Kentucky or Mizzou.)

The car sputtered and didn't run well. The car kept dropping important parts.(turnovers).

The car suddenly just decided to lose one of its most valuable parts, either by the cars decision(Hurd) or the driver(coach).

Then the car then took a breathing on a particularly tough drive(Bama).

Good thing the car had some time off. Able to rest and get some parts fixed. Easy commute coming up. Man, poor car choked against a pitiful speed bump(Muschamp).

Then the brakes you mention start going bad. Shootout victories on what should be straightaway gimmies.

Oh man, car is almost home free. Just one more puddle to drive through on the way to the sugary prize, when kerplunk! The driver once again runs off the road on West End.

But there's always garage champions.

That better?

Well, if you inherit a broken down car, it's all you have, and you can only fix a few items every year; then it takes a while to get it running like you want. The first priority is get it running - maybe it's still a bit of a clunker, but it gets from place to place most of the time,

Then when you can do the next yearly installment, you try to put in some better components to improve reliability - can't do them all, though, so you have to hope some of the less reliable parts hold up.

After a few years of replacing the broken and used up parts a few at a time, maybe you can start thinking about passing all those other cars, and thinking some hard acceleration isn't going to break some of the questionable things.

You know Johnny Majors came up with a NC team at Pitt three years after a 76 man recruiting class; with recruiting limits it took six years to get to a nine win season at UT. Maybe he just got old and forgot how to coach - couldn't have been the recruiting rules held things back.

Depth is a necessity; and if you don't have it then you really don't have IT. Unfortunately if the roster was pretty bare, it's going to take some time to fix it.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, if you inherit a broken down car, it's all you have, and you can only fix a few items every year; then it takes a while to get it running like you want. The first priority is get it running - maybe it's still a bit of a clunker, but it gets from place to place most of the time,

Then when you can do the next yearly installment, you try to put in some better components to improve reliability - can't do them all, though, so you have to hope some of the less reliable parts hold up.

After a few years of replacing the broken and used up parts a few at a time, maybe you can start thinking about passing all those other cars, and thinking some hard acceleration isn't going to break some of the questionable things.

You know Johnny Majors came up with a NC team at Pitt three years after a 76 man recruiting class; with recruiting limits it took six years to get to a nine win season at UT. Maybe he just got old and forgot how to coach - couldn't have been the recruiting rules held things back.

Depth is a necessity; and if you don't have it then you really don't have IT. Unfortunately if the roster was pretty bare, it's going to take some time to fix it.

He's been working on the roster for 4 years and it isn't enough to beat South Carolina and Vandy?

That tells us he isn't the right guy. Vandy has beaten Tennessee twice on for years with less talent. Why do you guys insist on keeping a coach like that?

He's gone soon. You better get used to that idea.

Last edited:
The pastor entered his donkey in a race and it won.
The pastor was so pleased with the donkey that he entered in another
race and it won again.

The local paper read:

PASTOR’S ASS OUT FRONT.
The Bishop was so upset with this kind of publicity that he ordered
the pastor not to enter the donkey in any more races.
The next day the local paper headline read:

BISHOP SCRATCHES THE PASTOR’S ASS.
This was too much for the Bishop, so he ordered the pastor
to get rid of the donkey.

The pastor decided to give it to a nun in a nearby convent.
The local paper, hearing of the news,
Posted the following headline:

NUN HAS THE BEST ASS IN TOWN.
The Bishop fainted.
He informed the nun that she would have to get rid of the donkey
so she sold it to a farmer for $10.

The next day the headlines read:

NUN SELLS ASS FOR $10.
This was too much for the Bishop, so he ordered the nun to buy back the
donkey and lead it to the high plains where it could run free.

The next day the headlines read:

NUN ANNOUNCES HER ASS
IS WILD AND FREE.

Alas … The Bishop was buried the next day.

MORAL OF THE STORY???

Being concerned about public opinion can bring you
much grief and misery and even shorten your life.

So, be yourself and enjoy life !!!

Stop worrying about everyone else’s ass and you’ll live longer.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't get madder. I stay mad. That's my secret.

Actually I try to have hope, then I remember all the choke jobs from the head coach. You know, the one paid to actually win games.

You guys keep celebrating the off season national championships. We are the 90's Nebraska of off season titles.

When was the last time you were happy (satisfied) with a TN season? Serious question.

Reactions: 2 people
Negative. I want to be happy. I'm not happy that Tennessee has a coach that makes losing to Vanderbilt a tradition.

I'm not happy that Tennessee has a coach that can't figure out a way to beat Muschamp, after a bye week, with the rookie-est of rookie quarterbacks.

I'm not happy that Tennessee has a coach that can't quite seem to understand when to kick a field goal and take timeouts and go for 2.

I'm never happy when Tennessee loses. Never have been, not even one time. I don't see a silver lining with Butch. Maybe he'll recruit enough to help out the next coach. Maybe he'll run them off and use them incorrectly.

You've never once seen me celebrate a loss.

I understand, but your final post in the Vandy game thread makes it hard for you to argue. :yes:

He's been working on the roster for 4 years and it isn't enough to beat South Carolina and Vandy?

That tells us he isn't the right guy. Vandy has beaten Tennessee twice on for years with less talent. Why do you guys insist on keeping a coach like that?

Wylo spittin troof.

Wylo, at what point do you calm down and stop harping on the same damn crap every day? Seems you just keep getting madder and madder about it. It's really sad.

And it will continue for some time if CBJ doesn't let this thing collapse around his feet. UT administration is in NO mood to go head football coach hunting ANY TIME SOON. So the haters better buckle in for a long ride. And if CBJ should take this thing higher they might want to invest in a salt mine because crow taste a lot better seasoned!!!

Reactions: 3 people

Dude you gonna be "mad" and seriously disappointed if you think UT administration is up to running CBJ out of town on a rail. Not discussing your points for firing him but you gotta get some reality going here. Unless you want to offer UT $25 million to buyout Butch and his staff and pay the new staff it ain't happening!!! TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!!!!

Former players love butch cause he allows them back near the program, sit and watch practice and talk to players and stuff, thats Why they love him and don't wanna see him go. Dooley never did, and they all hated him..

It is absolutely crazy that a coach gets credit for allowing past players back, as if this is an accomplishment.
Only Dooley could screw this up.

As I've said, Butch gets a lot of credit for things that are absolutely basics. APR? How Many SEC schools have missed bowls due to APR? How hard is it to build relationships with high school coaches when you're the head coach at UT? Dooley set the bar so low it makes a 'C' look lime an 'A'.

I remember in 5th grade my parents moved, and in changing schools I was really struggling in math. They moved me to a remedial class and all of the sudden I was a freaking genius. I wasnt anybsmarter, it's just that the bar was low. The teacher quickly saw that it was something else that was causing the struggle, got me back in a regular class with some tutoring to catch up and all was well. UT fans are giving Butch a LOT of credit for **** that is remedial.

Oh, and Little should be in jail.

It is absolutely crazy that a coach gets credit for allowing past players back, as if this is an accomplishment.
Only Dooley could screw this up.

As I've said, Butch gets a lot of credit for things that are absolutely basics. APR? How Many SEC schools have missed bowls due to APR? How hard is it to build relationships with high school coaches when you're the head coach at UT? Dooley set the bar so low it makes a 'C' look lime an 'A'.

I remember in 5th grade my parents moved, and in changing schools I was really struggling in math. They moved me to a remedial class and all of the sudden I was a freaking genius. I wasnt anybsmarter, it's just that the bar was low. The teacher quickly saw that it was something else that was causing the struggle, got me back in a regular class with some tutoring to catch up and all was well. UT fans are giving Butch a LOT of credit for **** that is remedial.

Oh, and Little should be in jail.

Ole Miss missed a bowl on APR, Miss State did not.

It's nice for LL to try and calm some of the chatter.

I've seen his reactions to our on field play in real time. He knows that there are issues on this team that land at Lyle's feet. Between the buyout and our current AD situation, he's here for at least one more year.

He has the opportunity to save his own bacon... I wouldn't bet on it, though.

While he says support read the article. Couple of other quotes that rais the doubt we all see or should see with Coach Cliche

It’s concerning because either the players do not know what they’re doing or the coaches aren’t teaching them well enough going into the game. The biggest thing I take out of the injuries is, with the backup players stepping in, you’re always taught as a backup player to prepare like a starter. I don’t know if these guys prepare like that. It just seems like these guys do not really know what they’re doing out there or can’t adjust to what a team is doing to them.”

And he even says with backups we still had the talent

Not really,” Little said. “There’s still enough talent to get to the SEC East championship. Even with guys getting hurt, there was still a chance to go to the SEC Championship Game if you take care of South Carolina and Vanderbilt. I think we had enough talent still there to beat those two teams.

If this doesn't point out how bad the coaches are....

Last edited:
Former players love butch cause he allows them back near the program, sit and watch practice and talk to players and stuff, thats Why they love him and don't wanna see him go. Dooley never did, and they all hated him..

wait.... practice... they talkin about practice.

Leonard little was one of the greatest to play at UT. He made a big mistake but he deserves better than that from anybody that calls himself a fan of the program.

So basically we need to thank God that he didn't put you in charge of the "Forgiveness" department because if he had there wouldn't be room for me in Hell.

No vacancy.

VN Store

Back