Lenneth Whitehead out for the season

Guess the need for a portal addition just went up. Hate for this guy,seems to be one of those athletically gifted guys that is wound to tight.

This makes me 0-2 from that class in projecting lower ranked guys working out due to raw physical contruction.... He and Beckwith were my picks that year....

I expect him to come back stronger next year, making you right all along.

Guess the need for a portal addition just went up. Hate for this guy,seems to be one of those athletically gifted guys that is wound to tight.

This makes me 0-2 from that class in projecting lower ranked guys working out due to raw physical contruction.... He and Beckwith were my picks that year....
He was a 4 star .

This makes us pretty thin at RB. Only 4 on the roster and two of them are True Freshmen.
Pretty thin?
4 backs is the minimum imo.
That's where we're at scholarship wise, but we did recruit some PWOs that had FBS offers. So we're not deep. But we're not in huge danger either. Those two freshman were going to need to play despite Whitehead or Beckwith had he stayed.

Pretty thin?
4 backs is the minimum imo.
That's where we're at scholarship wise, but we did recruit some PWOs that had FBS offers. So we're not deep. But we're not in huge danger either. Those two freshman were going to need to play despite Whitehead or Beckwith had he stayed.

The new 247 article calls it razor thin. Imagine if Small goes down. The guy was injured last year a lot.

I think at this point there’s zero doubt you see someone taking snaps at RB that we didn’t expect. Bru McCoy?

UT is keeping a close eye on the portal, hoping to find, at least, a serviceable back with experience. Possibly a grad transfer type. Unfortunately, Whitehead is just one of those guys who can't stay healthy.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The new 247 article calls it razor thin. Imagine if Small goes down. The guy was injured last year a lot.

I think at this point there’s zero doubt you see someone taking snaps at RB that we didn’t expect. Bru McCoy?
He and Tayven Jackson could take some carries off QB and RB, sure.

There was a time when 3 backs was "deep". And you had a bell cow carry for 20+ a game with the backup getting 5- 10.

But that was in slower more methodical offensive styles. The Heuperspeed offense has its drawbacks too, in that more players can get injured. And do so.

Big loss. Heup should’ve been hitting the portal harder this off season like Lane did

This makes us pretty thin at RB. Only 4 on the roster and two of them are True Freshmen.

Not exactly correct. Here is what we currently have:

2 Jabari Small Jr. RB 5' 11" 213 2L Memphis, Tenn.Briarcrest Christian
20 Jaylen Wright So. RB 5' 11" 200 1L Durham, N.C.Southern
24 Dylan Sampson Fr. RB 5' 11" 190 HS Baton Rouge, La.Dutchtown
26 Justin Williams-Thomas Fr. RB 6' 0" 210 HS Dallas, Ga.East Paulding
27 Len'Neth Whitehead R-So. RB 6' 2" 220 1L Athens, Ga.Athens Academy -OUT
35 Patrick Wilk R-Fr. RB 5' 11" 200 1L Nashville, Tenn.Montgomery Bell Academy
42 Hunter Barnes Fr. RB 6' 0" 190 HS Memphis, Tenn.Memphis School

https://utsports.com/sports/football/roster

VN Store

Back