Lee Corso

Honestly, I'll hate seeing the show without him. The stroke was a cruel blow.
. Yea it really was he hasn’t been the same since. He’s 86 he just needs to enjoy the rest of his life with his family. I remember watching him way back when I was 11 and 12 that was 30 years ago now seem like he’s been on there forever. No doubt he’s played a big part in college football and the entertainment part of it with ESPN there was a time that I never missed a college game day on Saturday mornings he def made it entertaining.

. Yea it really was he hasn’t been the same since. He’s 86 he just needs to enjoy the rest of his life with his family. I remember watching him way back when I was 11 and 12 that was 30 years ago now seem like he’s been on there forever. No doubt he’s played a big part in college football and the entertainment part of it with ESPN there was a time that I never missed a college game day on Saturday mornings he def made it entertaining.
I do agree that he should just spend the rest of his life being with his family. That stroke has taken its toll. However, there are some people in this world that get their most enjoyment from their job, doing what they love. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Bear Bryant and Joe Paterno died not too long after they were done coaching. Some people live for their job and they feel nothing but emptiness after they are done.

1629573502693.jpeg

lcorso.jpeg

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I do agree that he should just spend the rest of his life being with his family. That stroke has taken its toll. However, there are some people in this world that get their most enjoyment from their job, doing what they love. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Bear Bryant and Joe Paterno died not too long after they were done coaching. Some people live for their job and they feel nothing but emptiness after they are done.

I have a strange feeling that Saban will be another one who drops within a few months of retiring.

Truth be told, I am kind of shocked that the recently deceased Bobby Bowden lasted as long as he did after basically being forced out. Seems like he kept himself busy with speaking engagements and things of that sort so maybe it was enough to keep him going.

Those "lifers" have to go through a great deal when they are finally put out to pasture though. Hell, we saw that from good old Phil from the time he was fired until he was brought back as AD. Always looking for a way to get back in the game and hanging around the program like an overweight Phantom of the Opera.

I wish Lee Corso well. Sure, his schtick is annoying at times, but he has also brought me countless hours of entertainment. For that, I am no doubt thankful

Probably. I try to Look At it from their perspective too. You've done the same thing for decades, it's hard to walk away. You get to an age where you need a purpose, something to keep you active.
Retirement is not what you think it is for some people. I realized within 90 days that it was not for me and started looking for something else to get in to. I can see how people start having problems after sitting around when your brain is wanting to do something.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Retirement is not what you think it is for some people. I realized within 90 days that it was not for me and started looking for something else to get in to. I can see how people start having problems after sitting around when your brain is wanting to do something.
. A uncle of mine took a early retirement at 63 and he was miserable he said he felt useless and was just waiting to die. He told me he was ready to go back to work after the first month he was gone.

A uncle of mine took a early retirement at 63 and he was miserable he said he felt useless and was just waiting to die. He told me he was ready to go back to work after the first month he was gone.

Same thing happened to my father. He retired after teaching for 36 years, got bored playing golf, then worked another 20 years at the Florida Theater in Jacksonville.

He retired from that gig in 2012 and passed four years later. Work kept him going.

VN Store

Back