LED Headlight upgrade?

orangebloodgmc

How easy is it to upgrade the anemic headlights on my wife's 2001 Miata? I think we want to go to LED (or HID?). Is that easy as swapping out the bulbs, or will it involve some kind of adaptor, ballast, resistor, blah blah blah?

How easy is it to upgrade the anemic headlights on my wife's 2001 Miata? I think we want to go to LED (or HID?). Is that easy as swapping out the bulbs, or will it involve some kind of adaptor, ballast, resistor, blah blah blah?
See if there's a video for it on YouTube, you can learn to do almost anything on there.

We do that at the shop I've been working part time at occasionally, I even did my truck. Mostly it's just bulbs, but they are way more expensive than regular. I did mine all the way around, and the headlight assembly, and paid a tad over $300, but the assembly was like $125 or something. While it's better for me at night, I feel bad sometimes, because it does blind some people 🤣. There are cheaper LED bulbs, but you get what you pay for.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I upgraded my Jeep using some knock-off Amazon LEDs with angel eyes, including the bumper floods. I think I paid $250 for all 4, and they are awesome, 4 years later. The wiring was a little work, but YouTube is your friend.

you need to be careful for a couple reasons 1) if you don't change out all the necessary parts it can mess with your electrical system; at least throw codes all the time; 2) if you other components like reflectors aren't correct you can blind the hell out of other drivers.

best to do as advised - take it somewhere they know how to do it or find detailed instruction AND experience with it.

some makes/models are easy peasy; some require quite a bit of work

VN Store

Back