Learn to Bunt

Or...If after 53 games of being fairly unsuccessful at it, realize a SAC Hit or SAC Fly is just as good.

Not trying to take anything away from your point, but asking Nico to bunt in that situation was like a hail mary...

Even CDS gave up 99% of the time after two strikes...we tried after two strikes tonight twice and failed both times.

Reactions: 1 person
Or...If after 53 games of being fairly unsuccessful at it, realize a SAC Hit or SAC Fly is just as good.

Not trying to take anything away from your point, but asking Nico to bunt in that situation was like a hail mary...

Even CDS gave up 99% of the time after two strikes...we tried after two strikes tonight twice and failed both times.

I agree hit the ball and we win!!!

⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️

I agree hit the ball and we win!!!

⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️

I dunno if we win, baseball is a funny game, but I don't think our guys, with the exception of maybe Brodie, look comfortable bunting...and I agree they should learn how to do it, but not in the 54th game of the season...If you haven't been good at it after 50 games, just let it rip imo.

I dunno if we win, baseball is a funny game, but I don't think our guys, with the exception of maybe Brodie, look comfortable bunting...and I agree they should learn how to do it, but not in the 54th game of the season...If you haven't been good at it after 50 games, just let it rip imo.

Question is, how much of the early "let it rip" was because of CTV wanting to flex his muscles and not play small-ball instead of the lack of ability? Didn't he come in saying he wanted to play more long-ball and not bunt?

Isn't a sac hit the same as a bunt?

Reactions: 2 people
I said last night and i will repeat. Every baseball player who plays is college should already know how to execute the bunt. No excuses. Swing away with Chinea who cant hit a lick is just like an out anyway. If he cant hit by now he sure as heck should know how to bunt. Nico should already know as well, he is not power hitter anyway. Just a key fundamental not taught at the early age or kid don't want to learn.JMHO

Reactions: 2 people
I said last night and i will repeat. Every baseball player who plays is college should already know how to execute the bunt. No excuses. Swing away with Chinea who cant hit a lick is just like an out anyway. If he cant hit by now he sure as heck should know how to bunt. Nico should already know as well, he is not power hitter anyway. Just a key fundamental not taught at the early age or kid don't want to learn.JMHO

Didn't Chinea hit the HR against Kentucky that won the series?

Unacceptable that this roster can’t get a bunt down, so consistently. I think I’m a couple of years, you may not see those calls on two strikes. But I believe these coaches are sending a message and setting a tone for years to come (fingers crossed). Work on the fundamentals, and execute.

Players, coaches, fans no longer have the patience for small ball. They prefer the grandiose HR. It's no longer instilled in the player at a young age. Daddy, coach teaching, preaching HR's. It's similar to the ground game in football, fans want to see the bomb. 45-43 scores. They would be bored out of their skulls watching a 7-3 football game and quickly go to their I phone for a fix It's really a shame, no patience.

I am still mad

😡 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Players, coaches, fans no longer have the patience for small ball. They prefer the grandiose HR. It's no longer instilled in the player at a young age. Daddy, coach teaching, preaching HR's. It's similar to the ground game in football, fans want to see the bomb. 45-43 scores. They would be bored out of their skulls watching a 7-3 football game and quickly go to their I phone for a fix It's really a shame, no patience.

I agree they like the HR, the dunk, the hail Mary etc. etc. But in this particular game lay down the bunt so we can win

Isn't a sac hit the same as a bunt?

Sure, technically...I was talking about a swinging ground out opposite the runner...

My overall point was that it is hard to understand keeping the bunt on after two strikes, which we did twice last night and I believe we fouled them both off for the out...we just haven't been very effective this season bunting, at least from the games I've watched.

The irony of this thread is that with CDS the complaining about small ball was through the roof by the time he was done...now we're complaining we can't bunt.

Kind of funny.

Bunting is and always seems to be the most difficult thing to pull off at every level. It’s so frustrating to me. Been to spring training with Cardinals multiple time (as a fan of course) and there’s an infield only set up for two purposes....situational baseball and bunting. And hours are spent doing both. But in live game situations it’s seems bunting is a lost art....a very frustrating think for sure....

In all seriousness wth are the odds he would have two game winning Jacks?

Crazy

Happy for him. Seems like a team guy who gets every ounce out of his physical abilities.

On another note, does anyone know if Stapp is still hurt? I know he had a scary looking injury in the first SEC series and I think he came back for a game or two later in the season. He played well in the non conference season, but I hadn’t heard if he’s not fully healthy or the staff is more comfortable with Chinea at this point.

Happy for him. Seems like a team guy who gets every ounce out of his physical abilities.

On another note, does anyone know if Stapp is still hurt? I know he had a scary looking injury in the first SEC series and I think he came back for a game or two later in the season. He played well in the non conference season, but I hadn’t heard if he’s not fully healthy or the staff is more comfortable with Chinea at this point.

He returned last 3rd of the season, got a start in the midweek at 3B seems like...but really hasn't been involved since.

VN Store

Back