LB scenarios

mitzustu

Give me your expected scenario at LB this fall.

Clearly worst case is Henry T, Crouch, French, Willis, Beasley are all gone.

We could call and get one off the couch at a frat house, wait that only works for kickers. I have no idea where we are going to get LB's for this fall. I could see us running a whole lot of 4-2-5 defense this year.

We could call and get one off the couch at a frat house, wait that only works for kickers. I have no idea where we are going to get LB's for this fall. I could see us running a whole lot of 4-2-5 defense this year.
What's goin on with Beasley?

Edit: OK, OK, I did a search ...

Last edited:
I don't post much, but, let's be real, in college football these days, everyone has at least 3 wideouts, if not 4, so you don't need all of these LB's. Yes, for first down, maybe, but it is mostly 4-6 d'backs. Is depth needed? Absolutely, but to say you run a 3-4, or a 4-3, is totally irrelevant, in my opinion. Never played, had friends that did, but watch a bunch, like most of us. DB's are where it is at. My 2 cents.

How the HECK did Pruitt( defensive “GURU”) leave the defense so gutted??? A secondary with only one decent CB(Taylor), zero middle linebackers, an old experienced Defensive line that is’t very good and a Pass Rush who can’t rush a pass...yet last years garbage Offense still has two 5 star OLmen, freaky fast young WRs, two 4 star highly rated QBs, and the number one JUCO RB...I don’t get how the offense looks good when compared to PRUITTS defense. These are still all
Pruitt recruits.

Reactions: hillsborovol
I don't post much, but, let's be real, in college football these days, everyone has at least 3 wideouts, if not 4, so you don't need all of these LB's. Yes, for first down, maybe, but it is mostly 4-6 d'backs. Is depth needed? Absolutely, but to say you run a 3-4, or a 4-3, is totally irrelevant, in my opinion. Never played, had friends that did, but watch a bunch, like most of us. DB's are where it is at. My 2 cents.
Yep, I jokingly posted earlier a 5-1-5 but it actually is not that far off in today’s game.

Give me your expected scenario at LB this fall.

Clearly worst case is Henry T, Crouch, French, Willis, Beasley are all gone.

Unless French and Willis get charged with more than misdemeanor possession, they will probably be back, also Banks, Solon Page, Morven Joseph. Maybe one of the OLB from Pruitts scheme plays LB instead of moving to DE.

I guess Banks will start and will probably be the most experienced. Can he call plays and get people lined up...hard to say.

It sure seems like an experienced transfer could contribute but there does not seem to be many promising candidates left.

Transfer PORTAL .. " you start immediately " ... offer every ILB in the Portal

LS is practicing at LB Albright he was a LB on state Champion Greenville, which may help with depth since we are so thin.
LOL ..yea he cant play LB at Carson Newman ... watched him play .. definately not a Power 5 LB .... heck he cant even snap .. did you see the 1st game ????

VN Store

Back