LB Beasley Under Investigation

I am too. But "control" isn't control if it overreacts.

I don't know that about Fulmer... but suspect it due to the sudden "rash" of misbehavior. Remember, the last regime was paying players. Fulmer denied knowledge but how did that all get set up with funding from the "right people" by Pruitt without Fulmer's help?

And for many others it is punishment. The coaches do not have the option of creating different standards of behavior, discipline, and punishment. We also do not know Beasley's reaction now that he's had time to consider what he did. Some guys... wouldn't care. Some guys would have deep remorse.

I could go along with that as long as they truly considered whether they were able and willing to apply it to future issues.

I agree that whatever they determine his leash should be short. If they go my route then the next offence could be a suspension followed by dismissal. But whatever they do... they have to be consistent to establish discipline.
Appreciate the common ground.

My issue isn't just with Beasley but with the new staff. You're correct that control needs to be established and consistent. So do it already. Lay it down..... and let's move on.

Step up to the podium and say: Here's what is going to happen and I don't want anymore questions about this crap...... we've got a football team to coach.

Lead the program or get chewed up. It's that simple. This isn't Pop Warner...... LEAD. Limbo and no comment is weak. LEAD.

As for Beasley, I've got my personal feelings and you've got yours. While remorse is good and I recall being a hotheaded SOB who put my hand through glass, smashed stuff, etc..... and I regret it.

You're inconsistent from the gitgo bringing up: "Maybe he's remorseful" while you insist on consistency of punishment right before this.

What gives with that? Are you wanting consistent punishment or not?

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl

My issue isn't just with Beasley but with the new staff. You're correct that control needs to be established and consistent. So do it already. Lay it down..... and let's move on.
You are blending what the program needs to tell the media and fans... and what needs to be done in the team room.

Step up to the podium and say: Here's what is going to happen and I don't want anymore questions about this crap...... we've got a football team to coach.

Lead the program or get chewed up. It's that simple. This isn't Pop Warner...... LEAD. Limbo and no comment is weak. LEAD.
I realize it might help us feel better if we saw that publicly... but that would have next to no value and could do harm. That's a speech that should be given to the team in no uncertain terms.

I mentioned consistency before but some guys have gotten away with standing the culprits up in front of everyone else and saying, "They used your Mulligan."

As for Beasley, I've got my personal feelings and you've got yours. While remorse is good and I recall being a hotheaded SOB who put my hand through glass, smashed stuff, etc..... and I regret it.

You're inconsistent from the gitgo bringing up: "Maybe he's remorseful" while you insist on consistency of punishment right before this.

He has to be punished. The guy who doesn't seem to care has to be punished. Experience says one will probably survive... and you need to prepared for life without the other.

You are blending what the program needs to tell the media and fans... and what needs to be done in the team room.

I realize it might help us feel better if we saw that publicly... but that would have next to no value and could do harm. That's a speech that should be given to the team in no uncertain terms.

I mentioned consistency before but some guys have gotten away with standing the culprits up in front of everyone else and saying, "They used your Mulligan."

He has to be punished. The guy who doesn't seem to care has to be punished. Experience says one will probably survive... and you need to prepared for life without the other.
By getting it out in a pressor, Heupel CAN get it off the radar. "I've already covered that with you guys and there's no point in bringing it up." The media has nothing after that.

I don't buy Mulligans because what works and what's needed is what we agree on: Here's the line, here's the punishment. The line doesn't bend and neither does the punishment........And let's get on with the play schemes we've been talking about......

Be firm. Don't give the problem any more oxygen to burn than it's already gotten. Address it clearly. And create a football program that's disciplined.

This is the SEC. Crap is going to come up. Don't avoid it. Don't ignore it. Don't coddle it. Address it and make the media STFU because you addressed it.

Even moreso in the team meetings and with much more emphasis and colorful language.

Heupel is going to be eaten by SEC press if he continues this passive demeanor. You're a freaking SEC Head Coach....... LEAD like one.

So you want moves without complete information? Can’t go with you on that. Be decisive but verify is the way. I think Heupel is handling this first rate professionally.

By getting it out in a pressor, Heupel CAN get it off the radar. "I've already covered that with you guys and there's no point in bringing it up." The media has nothing after that.

I don't buy Mulligans because what works and what's needed is what we agree on: Here's the line, here's the punishment. The line doesn't bend and neither does the punishment........And let's get on with the play schemes we've been talking about......

Be firm. Don't give the problem any more oxygen to burn than it's already gotten. Address it clearly. And create a football program that's disciplined.

This is the SEC. Crap is going to come up. Don't avoid it. Don't ignore it. Don't coddle it. Address it and make the media STFU because you addressed it.

Even moreso in the team meetings and with much more emphasis and colorful language.

Heupel is going to be eaten by SEC press if he continues this passive demeanor. You're a freaking SEC Head Coach....... LEAD like one.
Nothing passive. Discloses what he personally knows. No wasted hot air playing politics.

Reactions: Vol Main
And the world needs to have less violence and pink unicorns need to visit pediatric wards but..... reality.
Reality is, the world is full of idiots that will believe sh!t doesn't stink if they read it in a newspaper or hear it on TV from a slick dick in a suit...

...annnnnd they vote. 😱

Reactions: CJBlaze
Nothing passive. Discloses what he personally knows. No wasted hot air playing politics.
I don't believe that for one minute or if I know as much as he knows he's doomed in the SEC.

He has the chance to sit down and discuss these issues with the players involved. If he's not had a one-on-one and gotten the skinny from these young men, he's not up to the task of coaching at this level.

Are you that naive?

I don't believe that for one minute or if I know as much as he knows he's doomed in the SEC.

He has the chance to sit down and discuss these issues with the players involved. If he's not had a one-on-one and gotten the skinny from these young men, he's not up to the task of coaching at this level.

Are you that naive?
I guess...if I accepted YOUR definition. Let’s not get ridiculous now. 😉

I guess...if I accepted YOUR definition. Let’s not get ridiculous now. 😉
You don't think his one-on-one talks were productive in letting him know more than has been released? Really?

You think he doesn't have a "talk turkey with me" relationship with his players?

And you think this is okay and a great job?

You don't think his one-on-one talks were productive in letting him know more than has been released? Really?

You think he doesn't have a "talk turkey with me" relationship with his players?

And you think this is okay and a great job?
Do you have details on the one on one talks? What I thought...shut up. 😎

If you want to have discipline then you have to have consistency. Starting out tough then backing off may sound like a good idea but it almost never is. It sends a clear signal the boundaries are flexible.

Allowing it to blow over is for the media's sake... not the players. With the players you define a standard, show grace where appropriate, and execute "justice" when a guy goes too far.

I don't think hurting a cat rises to the "too far" level. You and others apparently do. I do think it is worthy of punishment.... and then a short rope.

IMHO, I'm not sure how much of this is testing boundaries and how much might have been going on and getting covered up. Fulmer was a uniquely position AD because of relationships in K'ville and TN. We may never know... but people don't usually just change their behavior that quickly and radically.
Just admit that you don’t care about animals. This is the worst thing I can remember any UT football player doing during their time as an active player, and the fact that you cannot grasp the depravity of basically torturing a little kitten is absolutely baffling to me.

I want ALL details out Before final judgment.
That being said, there are three forms of cruelty that I find it hard to forgive.
cruelty to young children, the infirm elderly, and animals.
those three are helpless and not equipped to fight back.
they look to us to nurture and care for them, not to abuse them by taking out any misplaced anger against them.
Anger needs an outlet. Often times, the outlet found is not the one that deserved it.
no child, elder, or animals should Ever be used in this situation for a grown adult to hurt.
Anyone who does so needs severe psychological help.

I won't say that.... even as repugnant as those are. People are still redeemable. An animal should never be valued over a human being. Humans have intrinsic worth. Humans are created in the image of God.... who also commanded us to be good stewards over creation including animals.

I think Beasley should be punished. I just think many here have gone way overboard.
You keep talking about how much you value human life, so tell me this...do you think someone should be killed for picking up sticks on a Sunday? Because the God of the Old Testament sure thought so in Numbers 15: 32-36:

32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, (B)they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him (C)under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.
35 Then the Lord said to Moses, (D)“The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall (E)stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.

In all honesty, you are the exact kind of person who caused me to turn my back on the church and religion in general, and I’ve never looked back. And a lot of other secularists that I know say the same thing. You think you know everything because of a 2,000 year old book, all the while refusing to believe in science and mocking anyone who doesn’t share your narrow world view. That is fine if you want to be a science-denying, bible-thumping bigot, but stop trying to impose your beliefs on everyone else. No one is required to live up to your interpretation of the Bible’s supposed moral code, which I’m sure is full of endless contradictions. The fact that you think torturing a kitten is not worthy of getting kicked off the team just makes it even more ridiculous. I’m done responding to your posts, but I just think you should know that people such as yourself are the reason that millennials and generation z are fleeing from Christianity at a rate never before seen in this country.

Just admit that you don’t care about animals. This is the worst thing I can remember any UT football player doing during their time as an active player, and the fact that you cannot grasp the depravity of basically torturing a little kitten is absolutely baffling to me.
No. That's not true. I do care... and this isn't the worst thing a UT football player has done by a long shot. We've had guys punch smaller guys in the face and break bones in drunken fights. We've had players beat on their girlfriends.

The truly "baffling thing" is that you value human beings so little in comparison to animals.

You keep talking about how much you value human life, so tell me this...do you think someone should be killed for picking up sticks on a Sunday? Because the God of the Old Testament sure thought so in Numbers 15: 32-36:

32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, (B)they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him (C)under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.
35 Then the Lord said to Moses, (D)“The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall (E)stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.
Unless you understand biblical hermeneutics... don't try stuff like this. Context matters. Jesus defended his disciples who plucked up wheat on the side of the road because they were hungry.

In all honesty, you are the exact kind of person who caused me to turn my back on the church and religion in general, and I’ve never looked back.
That's interesting considering how very little you actually know about me. Sounds like you were looking for an excuse, found flawed Christians who never claimed to be anything but flawed Christians, and used them as your excuse to reject the authority of God. You may think that's novel and modern... but it is as old as time.

And a lot of other secularists that I know say the same thing. You think you know everything because of a 2,000 year old book,
Where have I claimed to know "everything"? And in complete honesty... the statements of secularists have very little bearing on what is true and what is not.

all the while refusing to believe in science
Nope. Do I reject the metaphysical assumptions made by some scientists that have NOTHING to do with science and everything to do with a different brand of faith? yes.

and mocking anyone who doesn’t share your narrow world view.
Where have I "mocked" you or anyone else? I apologize if I've actually done that... it was not intentional. But what exactly are you doing? Painting with broad brush and mocking believers in a "2,000 year old book"?

That is fine if you want to be a science-denying, bible-thumping bigot, but stop trying to impose your beliefs on everyone else.
Ironic. Projection. What were you saying about mocking people who don't agree with your narrow worldview?

No one is required to live up to your interpretation of the Bible’s supposed moral code, which I’m sure is full of endless contradictions.
Well. No. Your certainty doesn't make it so. I challenged my faith and continue to do so. One of the most attractive things about the Christian faith is its internal consistency... that compared to other worldviews including various secular views... it is consistent with itself. That does not prove something "true". At some point we ALL operate on faith in some metaphysical foundation. However any view that is not consistent with itself or cannot answer the questions of life consistently... cannot be true.

So... I do not deny that what I believe requires faith... and am fully convinced it is true. That confidence has not disappointed me.

The fact that you think torturing a kitten is not worthy of getting kicked off the team just makes it even more ridiculous. I’m done responding to your posts, but I just think you should know that people such as yourself are the reason that millennials and generation z are fleeing from Christianity at a rate never before seen in this country.
If it were you who had done something stupid... my starting point would be to extend you the exact same grace. You are also more valuable than an animal.

Risking rubbing you where it is apparently pretty raw already... the Bible tells us why societies go the route we are going. Romans 1 among other passages describe the process. Again, this kind of societal decay isn't new or surprising. Paul describes a process that applies both to individuals and societies with relation to God. Ignore God. Deny God. Replace God. Declare Self god. Our society is in that last stage. Your contempt is indicative. It has never ended well while being repeated over and over through history.

Last edited:
Do you have details on the one on one talks? What I thought...shut up. 😎

54y038.jpg

Unless you understand biblical hermeneutics... don't try stuff like this. Context matters. Jesus defended his disciples who plucked up wheat on the side of the road because they were hungry.

That's interesting considering how very little you actually know about me. Sounds like you were looking for an excuse, found flawed Christians who never claimed to be anything but flawed Christians, and used them as your excuse to reject the authority of God. You may think that's novel and modern... but it is as old as time.

Where have I claimed to know "everything"? And in complete honesty... the statements of secularists have very little bearing on what is true and what is not.

Nope. Do I reject the metaphysical assumptions made by some scientists that have NOTHING to do with science and everything to do with a different brand of faith? yes.

Where have I "mocked" you or anyone else? I apologize if I've actually done that... it was not intentional. But what exactly are you doing? Painting with broad brush and mocking believers in a "2,000 year old book"?

Ironic. Projection. What were you saying about mocking people who don't agree with your narrow worldview?

Well. No. Your certainty doesn't make it so. I challenged my faith and continue to do so. One of the most attractive things about the Christian faith is its internal consistency... that compared to other worldviews including various secular views... it is consistent with itself. That does not prove something "true". At some point we ALL operate on faith in some metaphysical foundation. However any view that is not consistent with itself or cannot answer the questions of life consistently... cannot be true.

So... I do not deny that what I believe requires faith... and am fully convinced it is true. That confidence has not disappointed me.

If it were you who had done something stupid... my starting point would be to extend you the exact same grace. You are also more valuable than an animal.

Risking rubbing you where it is apparently pretty raw already... the Bible tells us why societies go the route we are going. Romans 1 among other passages describe the process. Again, this kind of societal decay isn't new or surprising. Paul describes a process that applies both to individuals and societies with relation to God. Ignore God. Deny God. Replace God. Declare Self god. Our society is in that last stage. Your contempt is indicative. It has never ended well while being repeated over and over through history.
Nice response

All members of the mob know or care about is, that when you spoke, they didn't hear their opinion....

Wasn’t it saban that stated it did more good to try to work and keep the kids with the program when they screwed up..... how many championships has he won? Heupel is handling it just fine.

VN Store

Back