Lauren Ware tears ACL

Sad news, indeed. On the brighter side, she will probably be sufficiently recovered/rehabbed in time to play tournament basketball, and Coach Harper certainly provides a positive example ...an uplifting recollection she might have passed on to the promising athlete.
OTOH, it’s doubtful that any of her suitors will turn and run - she’s very impressive - alleviating the pressure - and risk - of returning to action too soon. Hopefully, that’s the message being sent by her most trusted allies.
The best to her moving forward.

Sad news, indeed. On the brighter side, she will probably be sufficiently recovered/rehabbed in time to play tournament basketball, and Coach Harper certainly provides a positive example ...an uplifting recollection she might have passed on to the promising athlete.
Perhaps she will re-think the notion of playing 2 sports in college now, or maybe not 🤔

Reactions: Only1COJ and stllvf
As we all have observed women athletes have a greater chance than men to tear up their knees. Andraya Carter was the last of many LVs who left with severe wear and tear on her knees. Need I forget Brown and Green who most recently had knee surgery.

She may very well make a decision to focus on one sport and that could easily be volleyball.

c

Reactions: krichunaka
As we all have observed women athletes have a greater chance than men to tear up their knees. Andraya Carter was the last of many LVs who left with severe wear and tear on her knees. Need I forget Brown and Green who most recently had knee surgery.

She may very well make a decision to focus on one sport and that could easily be volleyball.

c

Agreed! However, if she chose here it may provide her with a redshirt year if needed because we will have Kasi as a senior, Key, Saunders, and McCoy so she would be I. A position that if she can play there is space but if not they don’t feel the need to rush her. Plus there are a couple of other forwards with TN on their lists so might be the best position to come and get completely healthy.

c

The knees do take a beating.
Up until last year I could still touch rim.
This year is iffy
("Landing" is what gets harder on a person later on)

She'll be fine (I hope)
Kids are superhuman, right up to the point where they realize they really aren't.

Reactions: stllvf

She may very well make a decision to focus on one sport and that could easily be volleyball. c

I agree that this could narrow her focus. Though it was during a volleyball event in which she was injured.

VB isnt full scholarship is it ? Similar to softball ?

Yes it is ... they have a max of 12 now if your school does beach volleyball too you get another 10-12 full scholarships I think

Attachments

• 150C51AA-A7D1-4DAC-9B6B-32DC765A85B4.png
    150C51AA-A7D1-4DAC-9B6B-32DC765A85B4.png
    662.1 KB · Views: 8

VN Store

Back