LaTroy Lewis Earns 3 Year Contract The Raiders

Everyone is so quick to discredit the coaching staff when a guy is a "bust"--let's give Strip and the staff credit for getting Lewis ready to show what he can do. Congrats to LaTroy

Reactions: 3 people
I always thought he was our best position coach on D. Martinez was a huge disappointment, and despite being a great recruiter, I've never felt like Thig gets all he can from his LBs. Strip couldn't control injuries, but if his guys had stayed healthy, I think our team would have looked a lot different.

I tend to agree with your assessment of Thig. I'm willing to give him another year to see the further development. Our LB situation last year was a disaster as far as injuries. Some, like Bituli, had to play when they weren't ready. Let's see this year. Barring injuries, we should have some experienced talent there.
I do have to say though, McDowell has turned out better than I thought he would at LB.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Former-Tennessee-DL-earns-NFL-contract-after-minicamp-52666541

"It's safe to say LaTroy Lewis had a good rookie minicamp with the Oakland Raiders over the weekend.
According to reports on Sunday, Lewis signed a three-year deal with the Raiders after turning heads during camp.

Lewis had 77 tackles in his four-year career at Tennessee, playing in 44 games. He had 4.5 career sacks and 12 tackles for loss and recorded season-highs in solo tackles (20), assisted tackles (16) and sacks (2.5) as a senior in 2016."

Well that didn't take long. Lewis is officially a Pro. A VFL earning a place among the big boys.

GBO

The draft gurus seem to over hype some players and underrate others. Great day for LaTroy.

Reactions: 2 people
Props to LaTroy, but good grief people use some critical thinking skills and recognize "bologna" (ha!) when you see it. There is no way in hell an NFL team signed an UDFA to a guaranteed three-year deal worth $1.6mm based on what he did at a weekend rookie mini-camp. He pretty clearly signed a contract, and the contract may even say it's for a total of $1.6mm, but he still has to make the team and stick with them for three years. I'd be surprised if any of it is guaranteed, but if it is it's a fraction of $1.6mm.

Reactions: 2 people
Props to LaTroy, but good grief people use some critical thinking skills and recognize "bologna" (ha!) when you see it. There is no way in hell an NFL team signed an UDFA to a guaranteed three-year deal worth $1.6mm based on what he did at a weekend rookie mini-camp. He pretty clearly signed a contract, and the contract may even say it's for a total of $1.6mm, but he still has to make the team and stick with them for three years. I'd be surprised if any of it is guaranteed, but if it is it's a fraction of $1.6mm.

I roll with this.

No way they guarantee this contract. I certainty hope he makes the team, but only the top draft picks get guaranteed money and typically those in rounds 4 and lower the guarantees are not what the minimum is for being on the active roster for an entire year.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
With Lewis getting a 3 year contract as a udfa, Vereen going to Belichek, and Barnett being a first rounder, Stripling was damn good at his job.

Can't develop players. It is all because their talent overcame the coaching,

Rinse. Repeat,

<blue font>

Can't develop players. It is all because their talent overcame the coaching,

Rinse. Repeat,

<blue font>

I think Stripling was one of the few who could develop players on last year's staff.

I'd say ol Kahlil might have had a little something to do with this.

Not to discredit LaTroy, but that was pretty damn fast.

No NFL team is just going to sign someone to a 3-year guaranteed contract if they don't think they'll contribute.

Find where I said he wouldn't contribute and I'll give you my season tickets.

Those were my words, not yours. You were implying that Kahlil somehow influenced his dad to sign him and his contract wasn't earned. I'm not really sure what Kahlil would have to do with any of this.

Those were my words, not yours. You were implying that Kahlil somehow influenced his dad to sign him and his contract wasn't earned. I'm not really sure what Kahlil would have to do with any of this.

Your reading comprehension isn't very good. Also, how do you KNOW that Kahlil didn't have anything to do with it? Like with 100% certainty, how can you say that he didn't put in a good word to his dad? The NFL is a good ol boys club just like everything else.

Reactions: 1 person
Your reading comprehension isn't very good. Also, how do you KNOW that Kahlil didn't have anything to do with it? Like with 100% certainty, how can you say that he didn't put in a good word to his dad? The NFL is a good ol boys club just like everything else.

Do you always just say random **** and then tell people to prove it wrong when they point out how ridiculous it is?

VN Store

Back