LaTrell Bumphus out for the rest of the season

Good grief.

Somebody fell on his damn leg warming up? Who is a D1 athlete that can't do some jumping jacks and stretches without falling on someone else and hurting them? Are they drunk? That would explain a lot...
This was talked about a couple of weeks ago on one of the Sunday TV shows. Basically, Pruitt is running full Contact, tackle and block to ground pre game. The guy is stupid and has to go. Savion Williams has now entered portal.

I hate to bring yet another scapegoat onto the scene, but does anyone else wonder if our losing our S&C coach is playing a part in some of our woes this year? From more injuries, to guys gassed in the second half, to looking like we aren't as physical as other teams. Just curious as to whether this has been explored.

Last edited:
This was talked about a couple of weeks ago on one of the Sunday TV shows. Basically, Pruitt is running full Contact, tackle and block to ground pre game. The guy is stupid and has to go. Savion Williams has now entered portal.
Savion who?

I mean ... a large % of football injuries are "someone falling on someone else's leg" and causing a twisted ankle or bone fracture or something like that. Human bodies aren't made of steel.

Sucks for Bumphus. One of our better DL.
He only had 4 solo tackles all season....one of the better DL...lol

Basically, Pruitt is running full Contact, tackle and block to ground pre game.

I did this with my tackle pee wee team. The first few games it was almost halftime before we kicked in. I figured it was jitters so we went full Oklahoma before the games and the difference was huge. Of course in the last game my son hit knee caps with another boy and Lord it was bad. I thought oh crap I’ve lost one of my top two tacklers lol. I could feel moms eyes burning a hole through me in the stands from the stands... In-laws are in town to watch from about 5 hours away... He ended up coming back in but man I felt like a moron there for a minute

Reactions: HalfullVol
I hate to bring yet another scapegoat onto the scene, but does anyone else wonder if our losing our S&C coach is playing a part in some of our woes this year? From more injuries to guys gassed in the second half to looking like we aren't as physical as other teams. Just curious as to whether this has been explored.

That’s not a scapegoat. It’s a fact. S&C coach is
Almost just as important as the HC.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I know LaTrell. He eats blocks, and moves well laterally. Used to be TE on the jumbo package for his first two seasons, plus sometimes last year. He is a valuable player. DE is not a glam position in the 3-4. He is solid.

Good grief.

Somebody fell on his damn leg warming up? Who is a D1 athlete that can't do some jumping jacks and stretches without falling on someone else and hurting them? Are they drunk? That would
explain a lot...

Face it. Gravity’s a b!tch.

It’s unfortunate with LaTrell, during warmups, somebody fell on his leg. He’s probably going to miss the rest of the season. That’s unfortunate for him,” Pruitt told the media. “He’s probably out 4-6 weeks, so based off the season, that’s going to be it for this year.
Jeremy Pruitt announces Tennessee senior DL likely to miss rest of season

This is the second time this has happened this year. Earlier in the season, another UT player rolled up Trey Smith’s leg in pre-game. Amazing........😠

VN Store

Back