Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

The rapidly escalating surge in COVID-19 infections across the U.S. has caused a shortage of nurses and other front-line staff in virus hot spots that can no longer keep up with the flood of unvaccinated patients and are losing workers to burnout and lucrative out-of-state temporary gigs.
I don’t believe that’s accurate at all. Most places have fewer cases than this time last year.

Don’t believe it.

I was given an actual data dump on employee related deaths and the percentiles are really high in the with category that are getting code as AS instead so the hospital can get more money.

We got lawyers going through the numbers right now but it’s going to come out soon.

Reactions: davethevol
Agreed. If I have cancer, and am shot in the head, then me being shot in the head killed me.

If I have cancer, and end up with Covid, which cause my lungs to quit functioning then I died of Covid.

They are literally putting terminally ill people’s death report as Covid. People given 6 months to live before even getting it. They are fudging the numbers everywhere they can.

I was asking about your stance, not the author’s.
I have little to no problem with anyone who remains unvaccinated due to concerns with possible long term side effects; even though those concerns are continually becoming less defensible.
I have great concern over those who have turned being anti-vax into a political position.

They are literally putting terminally ill people’s death report as Covid. People given 6 months to live before even getting it. They are fudging the numbers everywhere they can.
If I have six months to live, and am shot in the head, I died from that bullet. It's not hard. That's not fudging it's called being factually correct. You know what deaths are not called Covid?
Ones like my mom. Had a ulcer burst. Too afraid to go to the hospital bc of Covid. By the time we got her there it was too late. Maybe we should count those as Covid deaths.

If your wife is terminally ill, and is murdered, I am sure you will just blame the terminal cancer for her death. Hell probably tell the court not worry. I mean she only had six months to live.

Last edited:
If I have six months to live, and am shot in the head, I died from that bullet. It's not hard. That's not fudging it's called being factually correct. You know what deaths are not called Covid?
Ones like my mom. Had a ulcer burst. Too afraid to go to the hospital bc of Covid. By the time we got her there it was too late. Maybe we should count those as Covid deaths.

Your bullet analogy when dealing with a medical issue is moving the goal post. It’s a nice tactic buts it’s flawed.

This is like saying someone who had leukemia that’s immune system was completely depleted and died from a fungal infection in the brain died because of the fungal infection. Sorry, but they only got the fungal infection due to the leukemia aspect.

The data though is not breaking this group out at all which skewed the numbers on an already low mortality rate.

Your bullet analogy when dealing with a medical issue is moving the goal post. It’s a nice tactic buts it’s flawed.

This is like saying someone who had leukemia that’s immune system was completely depleted and died from a fungal infection in the brain died because of the fungal infection. Sorry, but they only got the fungal infection due to the leukemia aspect.

The data though is not breaking this group out at all which skewed the numbers on an already low mortality rate.
You die from what kills you. Let's have a real convo. How many more people will die bc of missed/cancelled appointments during the lock down? Can we call them Covid deaths?

The point is simple. Several hundred thousand of Americans died bc of this. You want to play dumb games over the counting? Well dumb games can be played the opposite way. Let's focus on what's killing people. Stop distracting from the issue. I am sure before this is done over a million Americans will be dead from it. No matter how you want it tabulate it.

I have little to no problem with anyone who remains unvaccinated due to concerns with possible long term side effects; even though those concerns are continually becoming less defensible.
I have great concern over those who have turned being anti-vax into a political position.
I understand that. People on both sides are certainly politicizing it. I had the virus so I don’t really see a reason for the vaccine. To each their own though. I’d certainly never criticize someone for getting it as the choice is up to each person.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Same who are pro vax for political reasons

You die from what kills you. Let's have a real convo. How many more people will die bc of missed/cancelled appointments during the lock down? Can we call them Covid deaths?

The point is simple. Several hundred thousand of Americans died bc of this. You want to play dumb games over the counting? Well dumb games can be played the opposite way. Let's focus on what's killing people. Stop distracting from the issue. I am sure before this is done over a million Americans will be dead from it. No matter how you want it tabulate it.

You do not want to have a serious conversation. The minute you brought gunman into the room regarding a medical situation you lost all ground and gave away any willingness to have an honest debate. You then went and edited your previous post and brought a gun situation into again.

The fact is you do not want to have an intellectual debate here. We are good. When you are willing to drop the gunman analogy I will re engage if you want. Until then, we disagree and that’s ok.

I understand that. People on both sides are certainly politicizing it. I had the virus so I don’t really see a reason for the vaccine. To each their own though. I’d certainly never criticize someone for getting it as the choice is up to each person.
The issue is over how that individual decision impacts society at large, and what is the obligation a person has (or should have) when making a personal decision, to consider the impact on society.

Okay, live your life without a care in the world, who cares about people who can’t protect themselves, that is so stupid, right? Have fun.
Who can’t protect themselves by getting a vaccine, wearing a mask, social distancing, and/or staying home?

The issue is over how that individual decision impacts society at large, and what is the obligation a person has (or should have) when making a personal decision, to consider the impact on society.
And what about the decision people have to get the vaccine to protect themselves, wear masks, social distance, and stay home? All of those things are on the table for people to protect themselves without forcing what they believe to be the best protection on others who don’t share the same belief.

And what about the decision people have to get the vaccine to protect themselves, wear masks, social distance, and stay home? All of those things are on the table for people to protect themselves without forcing what they believe to be the best protection on others who don’t share the same belief.
All good until they need hospitalization for non-COVID reasons....which my mom has experienced over the past couple of weeks.
Her care suffered greatly because of the large number of unvaxed.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
PolitiFact - Joe Biden exaggerates efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines
Straight from the mouth of Biden. If you get the vaccine you’re not going to get COVID.
Two quotes from the article:
It is rare for people who are fully vaccinated to contract COVID-19, but it does happen.

That, too, is a slight exaggeration, although hospitalizations and deaths among vaccinated people are extremely rare.

Biden shouldn't have said "you want get it." He should have said "it is extremely rare".

Two quotes from the article:
It is rare for people who are fully vaccinated to contract COVID-19, but it does happen.

That, too, is a slight exaggeration, although hospitalizations and deaths among vaccinated people are extremely rare.

Biden shouldn't have said "you want get it." He should have said "it is extremely rare".
I rarely agree with you but this is the same fake outrage as those who were upset that Trump said you should drink bleach

So it's okay to strip some of their "freedom" but not yours? I am okay with people not getting the shot but if they get sick and go to the hospital with covid they should be the first sent packing when an unavoidable medical emergency needs an ICU bed.

So it's okay to strip some of their "freedom" but not yours? I am okay with people not getting the shot but if they get sick and go to the hospital with covid they should be the first sent packing when an unavoidable medical emergency needs an ICU bed.

While I agree people should get the vaccine, are you willing to extend this concept to other health related consequences of personal freedom?

Where did the CDC say they were 100% effective and safe? You have not shown that. You also claimed the admin did as well. Have doubts that's fine. Stop lying. You look like an idiot.

Was Biden being hyperbolic with you won't get it? Of course. We have known from day one these weren't 100% effective or safe. And it's not the governments fault if you are too dumb to realize viruses mutate. That's on you and how you were educated. Blame your 8th grade science teacher.
Fair but how much hand wringing did we see over Trump’s hyperbolic statements? Every single one was claimed a lie, splattered all over MSM, and spewed on here by all the Trump haters.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
All good until they need hospitalization for non-COVID reasons....which my mom has experienced over the past couple of weeks.
Her care suffered greatly because of the large number of unvaxed.
Talk about an oversimplification. It’s funny you can call it out but do it yourself all the time. As I mentioned previously in this thread, a lot of hospitals are short nurses and other medical workers. Many aren’t there because they didn’t want to get the vaccine and their employer forced them out. So that could easily be argues isn’t because of the unvaccinated. They didn’t make that arbitrary rule. You just throw out a blanket accusation without knowing squat about how many patients were in the hospital normally vs how many are in there now and how many are unvaccinated people that wouldn’t have been there otherwise. CNN lies and you eat it up.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back