Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Shouldn't matter since texas is so close to herd immunity, right?

Loaded question. What will define when herd immunity is reached and what's your definition of close?

Your lack of courage is showing. You're demanding others make ironclad predictions for you to use against them later but you're not offering anything of the sort. "Thanks for not playing"

So it looks like Abbott is gonna do the old herd immunity test. Any of the herd immunity bros wanna venture how this ends up? Given that you believe we're "approaching" herd immunity you don't foresee any additional waves and instead predict a slow, continued gradual decline in Texas cases, correct?

Just wanna get you on the record before the Texas experiment starts.

Strawman - it's never a gradual decline or increase there are always variations on the larger trend but for the most part Texas is going to be fine

Reactions: McDad and Sea Ray
Strawman - it's never a gradual decline or increase there are always variations on the larger trend but for the most part Texas is going to be fine

I don't claim to be clairvoyant but I agree with your assessment: Texas will be just fine

So in other words, Texas will see more surges because there are still plenty of susceptible people and will not see a gradual, steady decline indicative of an approaching herd immunity.

That's why I'm trying to get all the herd immunity bros out here to say that because Texas is nearing herd immunity levels, there will be no more surges and just a steady decline as immunity becomes even more widespread.

define wave/surge?

Shouldn't matter since texas is so close to herd immunity, right?

When will you proclaim herd immunity is reached? It won’t be coming anytime soon from Fauci or any of the other dim “experts”. Regardless not sure if it can cross state lines but the Biden admin is enabling it to cross actual borders. The man who was going to eradicate it on day one openly let’s illegal invaders bring it in.

Isn't Covid 19 essentially going to be like cold and flu in the future? It will pass through seasonally and there will be vaccination but if a different variant infects you, then you will get sick. Is this not where we are headed with the virus in the long term future?
@kiddiedoc

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
So in other words, Texas will see more surges because there are still plenty of susceptible people and will not see a gradual, steady decline indicative of an approaching herd immunity.

You do understand that positive upticks without spikes in hospitalizations and deaths is exactly what heard immunity is right ?

Reactions: McDad
Isn't Covid 19 essentially going to be like cold and flu in the future? It will pass through seasonally and there will be vaccination but if a different variant infects you, then you will get sick. Is this not where we are headed with the virus in the long term future?
@kiddiedoc

not kiddiedoc but I'm thinking the flu is actually a range of viruses (maybe not the right way to say it) rather than variants of the same. It's not the same flu virus every year that is the one making the rounds

that said, the Covid 19 virus and it's variants will be around and we'll have to deal with them.

Reactions: 0nelilreb and McDad
not kiddiedoc but I'm thinking the flu is actually a range of viruses (maybe not the right way to say it) rather than variants of the same. It's not the same flu virus every year that is the one making the rounds

that said, the Covid 19 virus and it's variants will be around and we'll have to deal with them.
Good thought. I guess the question is a variant = or =/= to a strain.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
I walked into our corner store last week where there was about 20 people all with masks on and signs on every flat surface saying no mask no service , talked to the owner a few mins about his family and the new pumps he had installed , got my stuff and left . I didn’t die , nobody panicked. I have no shame . Lol

VN Store

Back