Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Idaho pastor, Paul Van Noy, skeptical of masks lands in the ICU for Covid-19 - CNN

A pastor in Idaho who called himself a "no-masker" during a service and repeatedly questioned the veracity of coronavirus case reporting is in the ICU after contracting Covid-19.
Paul Van Noy, senior pastor at Candlelight Church in Coeur d'Alene, has spent two weeks in the hospital with a Covid-19 diagnosis, ministry coordinator Eric Reade confirmed to CNN. Five other church staff were infected with coronavirus, too, but they've all recovered, he said.

yraQBb.gif

Idaho pastor, Paul Van Noy, skeptical of masks lands in the ICU for Covid-19 - CNN

A pastor in Idaho who called himself a "no-masker" during a service and repeatedly questioned the veracity of coronavirus case reporting is in the ICU after contracting Covid-19.
Paul Van Noy, senior pastor at Candlelight Church in Coeur d'Alene, has spent two weeks in the hospital with a Covid-19 diagnosis, ministry coordinator Eric Reade confirmed to CNN. Five other church staff were infected with coronavirus, too, but they've all recovered, he said.

yraQBb.gif

CNN can spin it one way, I can spin it another:

So.....no one has died and 5 of 6 have recovered. All should have immunity afterward. Sounds like not wearing the mask was the right call in the end.

You propagating the politicization of this with this anecdotal stories is sad. Over 99% of people that get this are completely fine. Focusing on and highlighting the 1% and anecdotal one-offs is blatant fear mongering.

Reactions: McDad and ButchPlz

yraQBb.gif
Love the gif. LOL!

CNN can spin it one way, I can spin it another:

So.....no one has died and 5 of 6 have recovered. All should have immunity afterward. Sounds like not wearing the mask was the right call in the end.

You propagating the politicization of this with this anecdotal stories is sad. Over 99% of people that get this are completely fine. Focusing on and highlighting the 1% and anecdotal one-offs is blatant fear mongering.

not only sad; but ghoulish if the man dies.

Reactions: ButchPlz

yraQBb.gif
Had to go all the way to Idaho 7 months into the "pandemic" to find one... interesting.

Reactions: vols4sure

yraQBb.gif
Gave you a like for the preacher man in Caddyshack. I say we play on. I don't think the heavy stuff is coming for quite some time.

What is the point here? Seriously.

Is this indicative of the whole or majority? Is people dying from CV common? Is a greater than 99% survival rate something we should shut down the economy for and be scared?

What is the actual point of searching for these one offs and anecdotes and then posting them?

I've been hearing that flu season could be a nothing this fall/winter because there was almost no flu in the southern hemisphere this spring/summer. Evidently, flu doesn't "go away" during the hot months; it just migrates south to the southern hemisphere for their colder months, and then migrates back through community spread during the fall/winter. But since there's almost nothing to migrate back, the flu season should be much lighter than normal. Is that true?

Correct. The flu generally follows the colder months around the world. I would guess that continued travel limitations, fewer kids in school, and limited gatherings will lead to a relatively mild flu season, especially if the 4 strains in the vaccine are a good match.

I'm getting a link to a story that the number active cases in Tennessee has been falsely elevated, but I'm not paying for a subscription to the rag papers in Knoxville or Nashville. Anyone have another link?

Correct. The flu generally follows the colder months around the world. I would guess that continued travel limitations, fewer kids in school, and limited gatherings will lead to a relatively mild flu season, especially if the 4 strains in the vaccine are a good match.
It's almost like social distancing and mask wearing and shutting down large gatherings ... work.

For those interested, this is what I had seen about flu in the southern hemisphere this year
The southern hemisphere skipped flu season in 2020
Yes, locking everyone in their house for 7 months will reduce the spread of all illnesses. I'm not sure anyone will really debate that point but feel free to publish your study

However it is at too high a cost when there is a very small segment of the population actually at risk. It was unnecessary and caused irreparable harm to many lives, businesses and possibly the economy as a whole. Anyone who pushed it past April was complicit

It's almost like social distancing and mask wearing and shutting down large gatherings ... work.

Of course it did , and after the election regardless of who wins , we will start seeing the real numbers of what it cost us to do that in these big urban cities . We will all know by the third quarter of next year if locking the country down for a virus that has a 98-99% survival rate was worth it . ( IMO )

VN Store

Back