Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I know someone who thinks he can.

tenor.gif
For someone who thinks this, wouldn’t this whole pandemic been a perfect excuse for expanding the executive offices powers? I am of the belief his predecessors would have abused the crap out of the situation. I give Trump credit for not doing so.

Last edited:
We shouldn't lock ourselves in a bunker.

There's no credibility in using Trump as a source because he has no credibility. The survival rate is 95%. I bet even a low IQ guy like yourself can do simple percentage calculation

Deaths/confirmed cases=case fatality rate. So that number is currently at 4%. However, the CDC has estimated that there are 10x as many people in the country who have had it and haven’t been tested. So that means the true fatality rate would be 0.4%. Or a 99.6% survival rate.

Follow it up with Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron.
I got thrown out of English class for being too loud and read that story while I was in the hall. She asked me what I did with my time and I told her, she made me stand up in front of the class and give an instant report lol....she said that because I did a good job she was adding it to the reading list from then on

Reactions: tntar heel
Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I certainly don't need a lesson about social media. I forgot more about real life than you could possibly know about it

OK, let's see if you know what you're talking about. What can you tell me about my life? Obviously you must know a great deal in order to make the statement you just did. If you don't know anything about me then what you just did was make a "false claim."

Those are all good arguments. The school versus daycare point is particularly meritorious.

I am simply pointing out that some blindly imposed mandate to open schools on the theory that its blanket safe to do so is just not true.

Nothing is "blanket safe" in life. Unless someone here has made that claim then you just created a strawman. I would argue that the risk is very low and the benefits of going back outweigh the risks.

A few reasons:

1) I value freedom and believe that each individual should be responsible for making decisions for himself or herself. This includes whether to stay at home, wear PPE, social distance, etc.

2) A few weeks into the shutdown it became evident this disease was riskiest for the elderly population and the all or none approach was overkill

3) The cure was actually worse than the disease. The economic impacts will be with us for decades, and it didn’t have to be that way.

Thank you for sharing YOUR logic

Since we're just rounding up, today's death rate is .01%

2,800,000 or thereabouts is the number of cases. Population say 340,000,000 So the government death rates are tied to per 100,000 of population. This makes sense to you? Not to me. The severity, intentionally, of the disease gets diminished when the number of deaths is measured against 337,000,000 people who don’t have the disease. The true death rate of the disease is 130,000 deaths resulting from the reported 2,800,000 cases, or 130,000/2,800,000. Within that context the data has to be reduced to whatever subsets you want to look at. Number of deaths of those over 70 for example divided by number of cases of those over 70 etc etc Yesterday the overall was 4.8% of those who have contracted the disease died in the U.S. And that too is inaccurate to the extent of the lag time of deaths

2,800,000 or thereabouts is the number of cases. Population say 340,000,000 So the government death rates are tied to per 100,000 of population. This makes sense to you? Not to me. The severity, intentionally, of the disease gets diminished when the number of deaths is measured against 337,000,000 people who don’t have the disease. The true death rate of the disease is 130,000 deaths resulting from the reported 2,800,000 cases, or 130,000/2,800,000. Within that context the data has to be reduced to whatever subsets you want to look at. Number of deaths of those over 70 for example divided by number of cases of those over 70 etc etc Yesterday the overall was 4.8% of those who have contracted the disease died in the U.S. And that too is inaccurate to the extent of the lag time of deaths
No, the death rate from today's numbers.

You are right, 2 reasons: No one would collapse the economy over a flu and younger people have much more of a chance of dying from the flu that COVID

This Covid 19 is no where near over. The numbers will be whatever they will be whenever it is over. If you want to continue to compare the flu, as you continue to put it, to the Covid 19 that’s your right. Believe what you want

Your statement about the flu has nothing to dO with my statement about Covid. I’ll repeat my two statements. 1) There was a record number of new cases today. 55,000. I’m speculating That record will be broken again in two days and then again in two further days.

2) the true measure of deaths of the corona virus is not the way the government computed it. Rather it is the number of deaths resulting from Covid by the number of cases of Covid
The death rate of Covid is greater than the government portrays it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back