Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Man.... you're just not paying attention are you?

What else should you do? Just go about your business and cough on everyone you see?

I've said it before..... I'll say it again. This time I'll type slowly so you can understand.....

Staying home is the only thing you (or I, or anyone else for that matter) can do to help NOT spread this crap!!

There's NO treatment. There's NO vaccine.

Once we have those things it'll become what the flu is NOW. (Once again, there are treatments and vaccines for the flu). Once you've done what you can you have to accept what happens.

WE'RE NOT THERE YET!

Until we are this is the only thing we've got....... Quit being selfish and think of the whole instead of just yourself!!!!
There are treatments! Maybe not universal silver bullets, but there are treatment protocols in place.
In the mean time people are missing AA meetings, annual physicals that might uncover cancer,
How many lives will be destroyed as a result?
How many of those lives are acceptable?

I'll ask you the same thing I asked PT(that he/she never answered btw). If Biden gets elected, will you hold him to the same standards you hold Trump? If Biden gets elected and fails to turn around the economy, will you hold him responsible, or again, blame Trump?

chirp, chirp

giphy.gif

For whatever reason, no one wants to answer this question.

"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." --Donald J. Trump

No different than all your leftist politicians and news stations were saying. Don't be a hypocrite EL.

Agreed.

When the post mortem analysis is done on this pandemic, I am afraid the stats will show we sacrificed maximally for minimal risk.

I disagree. I used to think that until I discovered that an attorney (always to blame) in New Rochelle had infected (not exposed) 50+ people and who knows how many people they infected.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked PT(that he/she never answered btw). If Biden gets elected, will you hold him to the same standards you hold Trump? If Biden gets elected and fails to turn around the economy, will you hold him responsible, or again, blame Trump?

I’m more inclined to give him some leeway because we (kind of) share ideology, but he is an old, main stream democrat and by far my least favorite candidate for president. I’ll probably be pretty hard on Joe compared to many with democratic sensibilities honestly.

If he starts tweeting his conscious, I’ll march on Washington with you.

Reactions: luthervol
No different than all your leftist politicians and news stations were saying. Don't be a hypocrite EL.

MSNBC, one day after that comment

A line on the coronavirus outbreak Trump may come to regret

Mother Jones two days later.

Trump says the coronavirus is no big deal. The disease won't stay on message.

And Biden:

Biden, Feb. 28: Biden goes on CNN and says Trump has yet to “gain control” of the coronavirus, while calling on Trump to stop downplaying it and urging him instead to “let the experts take this over” and “let the experts speak.”

Should I find some more for you or are these sufficient?

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple Tiger
What is your personal benchmark as far as when you think things ought to open up?

And, no, this is not meant to be an argument. I’m genuinely interested in what people think about this.

Me? I'm not sure at this point but I'd like to see the overall infection rate start down but without comprehensive testing there's no way to tell. I'd like to see the morbidity rate trend lower as well. I'd dearly love to see a viable vaccine.

But when the experts are saying "we're not there yet" I have a tendency to believe them. There's a reason they know more about this stuff than you (or I) do.

The following is a global "you" as opposed to you personally.......

You defer to an expert every time you go to the doctor, or the dentist, or the pharmacy. You defer to an expert whenever you call a plumber to fix your water leak. You defer to an expert every time you take your car to the dealership (or any other mechanic). You defer to an expert (electrician) whenever you trip a breaker and can't figure out why. You defer to an expert every time you take your pet to a vet. You defer to an expert every time you take opinions on what computer to buy, or phone, or tablet. I could go on, and on, and on.....

But for some reason we've got people that think the experts in this case are wrong. Just because <reasons>. Or Trump. Or Democrats. Or China. Or simply because "I don't wanna".

You'll listen to experts in every case where you've elicited their advice but when they tell you something that you didn't ask for or you don't want to agree with you balk.

Why? What makes you more of an expert on this than they are? Is it because you think they have some insidious, nefarious design on you personally? Or the contents of your wallet? Or are you so insecure that you just won't take advice simply because you didn't specifically ask for it?

This is like not taking advice from someone seeing you play Russian Roulette with a semi-automatic pistol when they tell you it's a bad idea.

Too many people are disagreeing with the experts on this because they don't agree with someone'e political beliefs.

Or, they chose to put themselves at risk by going out in public. If you want to stay home, stay home. That doesn't mean everyone else wants to stay at home. You act as if there are no inherent risks in life. We are always at risk of some virus or germ killing us. We could also die in a freak car accident or have a piano fall out of the sky. **** happens and no one lives forever. That's called life. And I don't believe in constantly looking for someone else to blame. Sometimes things just are.

I refuse to believe you can't see the difference between someone coming into contact with an infected individual, then passing that on to someone else who then goes home to infect a person who is at risk for this crap to a "piano falling out of the sky" when staying home would potentially break the chain of transmission..

No offense, but that's just childish.......

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Dude.... Seriously.

It's a legit question, no?

You're willing to put up to 20% of the population at risk for..... why?

I'm curious..... 2% of 328mm is 7+mm..... Is that OK with you? (I don't think it'll get that bad but...... Dr. Oz and such).

What's the number of dead people that you're willing to see so that you can get back to work?
If its centered in NY, LA, SF, DC and like places? That's a lot of liberals. You are making this a tough choice.

Conservative orthodoxy is rooted in federalism philosophies. Conservatives in the streets protesting the measures taken by governors to combat a global pandemic rather than protesting in D.C. against a president who claimed “absolute authority” tells me one thing: The Republican Party is no longer an idealogical entity, it’s a cult that betrays it’s founding ideals in favor of victory at any cost.
You make a valid point with regards to the weird, unconstitutional "comments" made by Trump. But I would counter with what is worse, Trump's unconstitutional words or these governors' unconstitutional actions?

Trust me, I'm sure we could sit down together over a few beers and make a list of things that are wrong with Trump. But as of yet, lets not pretend that Trump's list of actions that go against the constitution are anywhere close to the actions of these governors.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Just for sh*ts and giggles, I'd love to see the reaction from the MAGA demonstrators if a few stooges were sent in to cough uncontrollably.

VN Store

Back