Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

The majority of the ones needing vents also made poor life choices which Led to the underlying condition.

Many of us have made "poor life choices". You go ahead and throw that first stone. I certainly can't.

I'd hate to be the ICU physician with 3 critical patients, and one ventilator. At that point, there is no "good life choice", is there?

Reactions: DynaLo
Many of us have made "poor life choices". You go ahead and throw that first stone. I certainly can't.

I'd hate to be the ICU physician with 3 critical patients, and one ventilator. At that point, there is no "good life choice", is there?
I was replying back to the poster talking about not letting people that don’t do social distancing have a vent while he was willing to overlook all the poor choices other patients had made.

You mean those spring breakers stocking shelves.
The transmission rate from inanimate objects is low..... if you wash your hands after shopping before touching your mouth inside your nose or eyes then you shouldn’t have any issue at all.

I was replying back to the poster talking about not letting people that don’t do social distancing have a vent while he was willing to overlook all the poor choices other patients had made.
The zoomer who went to alternative spring break in FL to help the homeless but came back with corona and infected old people at her church and is now needing a ventilator
or
The Peeping Tom who practiced social distancing by spying with a spotting scope but got infected by a careless takeout driver and is clinging to life.

Could be some fascinating moral decisions in the near future.

Ok Volnation. I’m on here waayyy more than my posts show. But here we go...

Here’s a conundrum for you. My dad is almost 88. Mom is 81. Both with history of respiratory issues. Anyway, Dad has been the medical director of a local nursing home for the last 47 years and is still working there 20hrs a week. It’s his life calling. He refuses to stay home despite the current situation. Our county in NY just surpassed 300 cases. I’ve asked him to take a week or two “off” to see how things play out, but he won’t listen.

What do I do? Understand this is what it is and he understands and let things go? Or push to get him to stay at home??

VN Store

Back