Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Whatever you're advocating, which appears to be herd immunity the quick and hard way, if it's even possible. I know you have your theoretical threshold. You seem to be convinced we have reach the theoretical threshold to open the economy back up to having large gathering. Do we have heard immunity? If not when do we get it if we "open back" up large gatherings? I quoted "open back" because it's not something someone can do. Not the governors and not the President. We're having hard enough time opening up schools because spread among the students. If you want to open the economy back up, Hire more people.
How does it make sense from a business standpoint to hire more people if you don't have the business to give those people hours?

How does it make sense from a business standpoint to hire more people if you don't have the business to give those people hours?
Did the coronavirus keep kids from getting sick? He should be doing fine. If not, he can always blame the parents and grandparents for closing down the economy.

We're not waiting. Everyone seems to be doing their best to safely open schools, provide quality hair care, and provide a spacious dining experience while social distancing and wearing masks.

Understand this, there is no "FULL open" until we get this under control.
Then we cant recover.

This half open bs isnt enough. Isnt anywhere close to enough.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Then we cant recover.

This half open bs isnt enough. Isnt anywhere close to enough.
What percent of lost economy is result of older people not going out as much added with the people that don't want to go to large gatherings and think they are a bad idea? Realistically we would be lucky to be able to watch football without fans in the stands. So we are not where you think we are. "It is what it is".

People retracted from the economy more than being forced out.

Reactions: RockyTop85
For reference: what the nurse from coastal Carolina is describing happens basically EVERYWHERE during bad flu seasons. It's not unusual at all. Combine that with lingering COVID transmission, and we will actually see hospitals and vents stretched, maybe even beyond capacity.
Yeah that’s confused me.... why in the world would you move sports back into disease season.... you will have colds, runny noses, rhinovirus, coronavirus, flu, pneumonia to deal with..... everyone will be held out bc so many people will have some sort of symptom

Last edited:
Reactions: kiddiedoc
What percent of lost economy is result of older people not going out as much added with the people that don't want to go to large gatherings and think they are a bad idea? Realistically we would be lucky to be able to watch football without fans in the stands. So we are not where you think we are. "It is what it is".

The first day it slightly opened back up here..... there were four elderly people eating the pizza buffet with two of them carrying oxygen tanks..... it was dang good pizza though

Last edited:

That damage stacks. The freakout stacks. The point is the recovery doesnt BEGIN until we let things be normal. Until that undefined point you coronabros have things are GETTING worse. We havent bottomed put yet.

Like I have said my industry is running on momentum. There isnt a lot in the chamber.
What happens when more industries outside of service start feeling it?

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back