Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

We only have one president, and he turned a health care choice into a question of political allegiance. Rep. Gohmert is the embodiment of this. It was irresponsible leadership and incredibly petty.

Remember:
bull-session-Louie-Gohmert-COVID-cure.jpg

"....officials at Germany’s Federal Ministry of Health, the German Society of Hospital Hygiene, and the German Hospital Association—all of them saying this “magic powder” simply doesn’t exist."

“What your congressman said is absolute nonsense,” Dr. Jörn Wegner of the German Hospital Association elaborated to PolitiFact. It’s a statement that, granted, could apply to lots of things Louie Gohmert has said. But then Wegner clarified: “There are no such tents and there’s no powder or magical cure.”

Bull Session: Louie Gohmert Has a Cure for the Coronavirus—Imagination!

Reactions: BowlBrother85
We may look back and say masks were ineffective or that they were essential but I would like to say I tried to protect others regardless of the outcome but that is just me
I’m good with that, anyone who wants to wear a mask have at it I just don’t think the government should force it on us who don’t want to

You are trying to change the subject away from the pandemic and I'm not taking the bait.... This thread topic is specifically about the Coronavirus.

How is it not about the pandemic? And you’re the one trying to bring the political aspect into it. If the mayor of NY and leaders of other similar cities encourage people to protest, riot, loot, vandalize, etc by the thousands for such a “great cause” in the middle of a pandemic yet they restrict businesses and churches from functioning at all. How is it political for one person to have a stance yet it’s not for numerous others?

How is it not about the pandemic? And you’re the one trying to bring the political aspect into it. If the mayor of NY and leaders of other similar cities encourage people to protest, riot, loot, vandalize, etc by the thousands for such a “great cause” in the middle of a pandemic yet they restrict businesses and churches from functioning at all. How is it political for one person to have a stance yet it’s not for numerous others?
Stop being so dramatic
Call it whatever you want. Trump politicized a health care choice. Trump has made his response to the Coronavirus all about politics, and specifically his bid for re-election, from the start. It's bad leadership.

Remember:
View attachment 296494

"....officials at Germany’s Federal Ministry of Health, the German Society of Hospital Hygiene, and the German Hospital Association—all of them saying this “magic powder” simply doesn’t exist."

“What your congressman said is absolute nonsense,” Dr. Jörn Wegner of the German Hospital Association elaborated to PolitiFact. It’s a statement that, granted, could apply to lots of things Louie Gohmert has said. But then Wegner clarified: “There are no such tents and there’s no powder or magical cure.”

Bull Session: Louie Gohmert Has a Cure for the Coronavirus—Imagination!
Gohmert really is the Republican version of Maxine Waters. He is a cartoon-ish buffoon.

Call it whatever you want. Trump politicized a health care choice. Trump has made his response to the Coronavirus all about politics, and specifically his bid for re-election, from the start. It's bad leadership.

Lol. But DeBlasio’s response is for the greater good? It’s ok for thousands to assemble for faux outrage but it’s not ok for people to go to church? His decision isn’t political at all and the pandemic chooses not to affect the thousands he promotes to loot and riot? Guess he figures he’s wiped out enough and it can only get better.

Lol. But DeBlasio’s response is for the greater good? It’s ok for thousands to assemble for faux outrage but it’s not ok for people to go to church? His decision isn’t political at all and the pandemic chooses not to affect the thousands he promotes to loot and riot? Guess he figures he’s wiped out enough and it can only get better.
I don't think Bill De Blasio has demonstrated good leadership either.

Reactions: PointGuard

yes and...? F*** DeBlasio EVERYONE is done with him up here...and F trump
See how this works?

There is no good leadership from either party and that is apparent.

Skimming through today's posts, it appears that some are blaming Cain's illness on him not wearing a cloth mask. I missed that, have we now decided they protect the wearer? I was under the impression some were advocating that they might keep an asymptomatic person from spreading the virus. Or, have we moved the goalposts again?

**See: "flattening the curve" -> make the virus magically disappear, or

"14 to slow the spread" -> shutdown until after an effective vaccine is available

The issue is Cain went to an event where masks were optional, and being held by a politician who vehemently opposed wearing one, and whose political party still denies their efficacy in spite of the evidence to the contrary.

I think it's stupid and irresponsible to be shoulder to shoulder in a protest, period, even more so without a mask. The fact that those protests happened, and whether or not people wore masks, has no bearing on the idiocy involved in holding the Tulsa rally in such a manner; those two scenarios are not mutually exclusive.

Those are all anonymous reports (Daily Mail) and not scientific. The mistake you're making is that you're try to link the wearing of a mask to political parties. It doesn't work that way. It's not political. I will say that the folks who don't wear a mask are of the persuasion that it's their personal liberty to decide whether to take a risk or not but no party has gotten together and decided on that as a stance.

I am certainly a Republican and I choose to wear a mask in many indoor instances right now, but I in no way feel as if I'm doing the "Democrat thing" by doing so. My guess is Herman Cain knew the risks and he chose not to go there. That is his right

Skimming through today's posts, it appears that some are blaming Cain's illness on him not wearing a cloth mask. I missed that, have we now decided they protect the wearer? I was under the impression some were advocating that they might keep an asymptomatic person from spreading the virus. Or, have we moved the goalposts again?

"14 to slow the spread" -> shutdown until after an effective vaccine is available

I made that point earlier. I doubt you'll get much response either but I applaud your sentiment

We may look back and say masks were ineffective or that they were essential but I would like to say I tried to protect others regardless of the outcome but that is just me
Food for thought: what if we determine that areas where mask usage by healthy people actually resulted in MORE infections (entirely plausible, given how often basically everyone handles their face diapers)? Or, what if we determine that mask usage only delayed the inevitable spread of the virus, and that mortality increased as the virus spread during the winter months/respiratory season, thus costing tens of thousands of additional lives?

Would you still feel so accomplished?

No, it helps both ways. Someone's spittle from talking/yelling doesn't so easily land on those around them, if they are wearing the mask, and it wouldn't easily land in the mouth/nose area of those close by, who were also wearing a mask, regardless if the one doing the expelling was wearing one or not.

But obviously the more that wear them, the less body fluids are ejected onto people and objects nearby, reducing the chance of spreading the contaminated fluids, with the added benefit of subsequent face touching having an extra barrier.

No, it helps both ways. Someone's spittle from talking/yelling doesn't so easily land on those around them, if they are wearing the mask, and it wouldn't easily land in the mouth/nose area of those close by, who were also wearing a mask, regardless if the one doing the expelling was wearing one or not.

But obviously the more that wear them, the less body fluids are ejected onto people and objects nearby, reducing the chance of spreading the contaminated fluids, with the added benefit of subsequent face touching having an extra barrier.
Ok, so you know more than the CDC, physicians, etc? Because they disagree.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back