Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

You cannot be right because, you know, there are a solid three or four rumors and stories of it working this one time for this other lady.
Are you still standing in line for a taxpayer bailout at your ambulance chasing firm? Should be plenty of business once you start filing lawsuits against Trump for everyone that dies that took hydroxychloroquine no matter what killed them. Maybe you can team up with one of the TV lawyers that advertises nationally.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Not if it’s more detrimental than helpful. If you get liver damage/failure then it furthers your complications. Compare that to any potential therapeutic effect of the drug and any physician worth their salt will not administer this particular drug to a covid-19 pt.
First, it's for a doctor to decide if benefits outweigh the risks. Second, I don't recall liver damage or failure among the side effects, though there are other possible serious side effects.

That doesn't serve as justification, which is what you seem to be attempting to do. If you consider Trump's actions wrong, what does that say about you if you choose to mimic those actions?
I hear what you're saying, and you aren't wrong. The reality of such noble gestures is that the people who tend to give them, are also the people who tend to receive them.

I haven’t personally heard any evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, that plaquenil can be effective therapeutically or as a prophylactic with covid. I have personally seen patients with covid die while receiving plaquenil and developing complications from the drug.

If you have any other information then I’d be happy to hear it.

Bottom line, let the professionals speak to the public about the pharmacology, not the politicians. If you disagree then you’re either not being honest, or you’re plain stupid.

Never have claimed any different.

Some Drs are using it. Others are not. Thats here and globally.

Some of those who have are claiming it has been effective and showing positive results. If they stumble across something better they will try that. Right now they are fighting it with what they have the best way they see fit. And not all of them agree.

So they have spoken. Either verbally or by action.

The politically nashing of teeth on this is stupid. To borrow your term.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Correct. Trump is not any different, but he does expect his critics to apologize to him, when he feels he was right about something. However, that is a courtesy which he never extends to anyone else.

He's a petty individual, that's a characteristic you should recognize.

Everything Trump touches dies. Exhibit #2157

giphy.gif

First, it's for a doctor to decide if benefits outweigh the risks. Second, I don't recall liver damage or failure among the side effects, though there are other possible serious side effects.

It is a drug that goes through biotransformation in the liver. Normally it may just raise liver enzymes, but in susceptible patients it can severely damage the liver.

Everything Trump touches dies. Exhibit #2157

Calling Captain Crozier incompetent or stupid doesn't reflect well on those who gave him the command of the Roosevelt. I'm afraid acting Secretary Modly is typical of the type of people Trump has installed throughout our government? Hopefully our national nightmare will come to an end in January.

Reactions: samanderson
Calling Captain Crozier incompetent or stupid doesn't reflect well on those who gave him the command of the Roosevelt. I'm afraid acting Secretary Modly is typical of the type of people Trump has installed throughout our government? Hopefully our national nightmare will come to an end in January.

I don't think he called him that, he just used those words to illustrate in a very poor fashion that he believed Crozier knew it was going to get out.

Never have claimed any different.

Some Drs are using it. Others are not. Thats here and globally.

Some of those who have are claiming it has been effective and showing positive results. If they stumble across something better they will try that. Right now they are fighting it with what they have the best way they see fit. And not all of them agree.

So they have spoken. Either verbally or by action.

The politically nashing of teeth on this is stupid. To borrow your term.

Exactly, so the President has no business claiming “what is there to lose”? Just let the people who know speak intelligently about it.

Reactions: tvolsfan and Septic
It is a drug that goes through biotransformation in the liver. Normally it may just raise liver enzymes, but in susceptible patients it can severely damage the liver.

If the choices were suffocating to death or possible recovery with a possibility of some liver damage I'm going to run the risk of liver damage.

Exactly, so the President has no business claiming “what is there to lose”? Just let the people who know speak intelligently about it.

The outrage over the comment is the point. Unless you feel Trump is literally forcing Drs to treat with it which is a bold accusation.

The Drs are making those decisions now and in some cases well before he ever mentioned the drug.

I have to say that there is some hypocrisy in this line of thinking. Trump certainly won't admit that he was wrong in minimizing the threat of the coronavirus to the American people in February. In fact, he will now deny that he even did minimize it, in spite of the video evidence to the contrary. My question is, why would you hold the media to a higher standard than you hold him? Does Trump make it a practice of admitting when he was wrong and his critics were right?

Was Trump downplaying on Feb 18, when we had 13 cases/0 deaths?
--------------------------------------------------------------
"Whenever you have the threat of a transmissible infection, there are varying degrees from understandable to outlandish extrapolations of fear," Fauci said. Fauci doesn't want people to worry about coronavirus, the danger of which is "just minuscule." But he does want them to take precautions against the "influenza outbreak, which is having its second wave."

"We have more kids dying of flu this year at this time than in the last decade or more," he said. "At the same time people are worrying about going to a Chinese restaurant. The threat is (we have) a pretty bad influenza season, particularly dangerous for our children."

Fauci offered advice for people who want to protect against the "real and present danger" of seasonal flu, which also would protect against the hypothetical danger of coronavirus.

"Wash your hands as frequently as you can. Stay away from crowded places where people are coughing and sneezing. If in fact you are coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth," he says.

"You know, all the things that we say each year." https://news.yahoo.com%2Ftop-disease-official-risk-coronavirus-222852299.html%3Aq4ixtq4csvgmuTM0NDnrtEa1gwA&cuid=262238
---------------------------------------------------------------
Was he downplaying on Feb 25:
Ultimately, we expect we will see community spread in this country,” Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters.
“It’s not so much a question of if this will happen anymore, but rather more of a question of exactly when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illness,” she said.
“We are asking the American public to work with us to prepare in the expectation that this could be bad,” she said. “I continue to hope that in the end we’ll look back and feel like we are overprepared, but that is a better place to be in than being underprepared.” https://www.winknews.com/20...

See the medical experts message shift in one week from "No problem" to "could get bad but we're not sure yet"?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What were WHO "experts" saying on Feb 24?
GENEVA (Reuters) - The coronavirus outbreak can still be beaten, the World Health Organization said on Monday, insisting it was premature to declare it a pandemic even though it had the potential to reach that level.
"The key message that should give all countries hope, courage and confidence is that this virus can be contained, indeed there are many countries that have done exactly that," WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a news conference in Geneva.
"Using the word 'pandemic' now does not fit the facts but may certainly cause fear," he added as the number of cases continued to mount internationally and financial markets spun lower.
"We must focus on containment while doing everything we can to prepare for a potential pandemic."
Tedros said a sudden increase of cases in Italy, Iran and South Korea were "deeply concerning" but for now authorities were not seeing an uncontained global spread of the virus or witnessing widespread serious cases or deaths.
https://news.yahoo.com/says...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, we're at the end of Feb, and all the health experts sound a lot like Trump, don't they? Why is that? Could Trump ACTUALLY BE LISTENING TO THEM? Oh, hell! naaaaa....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Further, even on March 10, we had 1300 confirmed cases and our medical experts were telling us:
"What we're saying today, is that although we continue to come in an say appropriately that as a nation the risk is relatively low, there are parts of the country right now that are having community spread which is clearly a bit more than that, etc."

Skip to 7:00 mark https://www.youtube.com/wat...
No school, business closings, no economic shutdown. Relatively low risk.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In fact, the "experts" prognostications in late Feb was in progressive flux as they became more knowledgeable about it. We see them talking about not unnecessarily injecting fear and talk of pandemic into the situation, and Trump doing just what they advise. Jan and Feb are not your months for claiming his ignored the urgency and didn't listen to the experts. Maybe late March is the ripe cherry to be plucked - ? Hmmmm....

Or has the left simply talked themselves into yet another Russiaaaah!-esque certainty, despite what what the damned record says?

Reactions: Rocky_Top_Vol13
The outrage over the comment is the point. Unless you feel Trump is literally forcing Drs to treat with it which is a bold accusation.

The Drs are making those decisions now and in some cases well before he ever mentioned the drug.

Beecher didn't you know Trump is now directly over the AMA and FDA?

Reactions: NCFisher
But he also said talk to your doctor. That keeps getting overlooked. He didn't say run to your local street corner and ask for it. He didn't say it definitely works. He said it showed promise. And he said he would ask his own doctor about it.

If the choices were suffocating to death or possible recovery with a possibility of some liver damage I'm going to run the risk of liver damage.

I think common sense tells us most people would do this apparently except the liberals on this board. Might as well put pillows over their faces and smother them.

Edit: I had no idea where the extra verbiage and quote came from I deleted.

Last edited:
Reactions: hog88
All of that early Trump talk about the virus being comparable to the flu looks to of come from Fauci himself. Published report by Fauci on Feb 28.
Looks like Trump was listening to Fauci the whole time and not winging it:

"This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively...

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

VN Store

Back