Lated ESPN Lunardi bracket

GBOplayer

In the latest ESPN bracket projections after this past weekend, we are given a #5 seed...we all know how 5 seeds always get upset by 12 seeds...we just can't get the respect we deserve even after big wins against VCU and Washington. We are projected to be in the same group as Duke and Michigan.

well, if we didn't have the 21 TO's and horrid shooting against FSU who knows we may have gone to a 4...:D

PS. to paraphrase CNeagle: early fluff don't make the real stuff...long way to go, and some improving to do...but as always...

GO BIG ORANGE!

In the latest ESPN bracket projections after this past weekend, we are given a #5 seed...we all know how 5 seeds always get upset by 12 seeds...we just can't get the respect we deserve even after big wins against VCU and Washington. We are projected to be in the same group as Duke and Michigan.
A #5 Seed for the BasketVols would be awesome

Where would you currently seed us, GBO?

I have us as a #4 seed. We have 2 quality wins, and a quality loss. Maybe a #3 seed.
Bracket projections in early December are about as useless as tits on a boar. We have some quality wins and only one loss, a quality loss to a likely NCAAT team on a “neutral” court, no less. Our resume is going to write itself. Don’t get worked up over respect/disrespect in December. We are about where we should be according to the polls, and both have us higher than I expect us to be in March. I’d sign up for a 5 seed, right now, and call it a day.

I have us as a #4 seed. We have 2 quality wins, and a quality loss. Maybe a #3 seed.
It's just impossible at this point to put together a meaningful bracket. Based on eye test, I'd say 5 seed looks pretty accurate. We're dangerous enough to beat anyone out there, but also have some pretty glaring concerns. At the end of the day, you're saying 4 seed and Lunardi says 5 seed. Not a lot of difference there.

Side note: the 1st/2nd round sites this year suck. The closest one is Greensboro. The next closest destinations are about 500 miles away (St. Louis and Cleveland).
Next year, the one we're all eagerly pointing to, Raleigh and Lexington are hosting, and Memphis is hosting the south regional.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
A 5 seed is a top 20 team. Do you really think we are better than that with the holes in our roster?

We are exactly where we should be

There is no disrespect behind being a #5 seed. At the start of the year some of this board was talking about us not making the tournament and firing Rick Barnes lol. I will take the #5 seed and be thrilled. It keeps the momentum rolling into next year's big season, and it keeps a national spotlight on us.

Reactions: Willy14

VN Store

Back