Last 5 games, what do you want to see?

25801VOL

V,B
I want to see 5 competitive games, no more #2 and we need 4 wins to finish above 500. I don’t think we will will 4.

.500 in year three, not what anyone wanted. I don’t see how we go .500 with the offense we’ve shown.

Reactions: berryvol
Just eliminate the stupid mistakes and make the other teams beat us....if they can!

The difference between Mizzou and Kentucky is just mistakes. Same for 1st half Georgia verses 2nd half.

Could have had 2 or 3 ints against bama plus the fumble return for a TD that hurt us. Would have made for a much closer game.

Reactions: 25801VOL
At this point I do think we can run the table, but I also believe that we could lose to both Auburn and TAM.

I really think the worst case scenario is 3 and 7 and either a loss to Arky or Vandy could be catastrophic to team moral, but I don't think Fulmer will pull the plug and I don't know that would be the correct direction, but it would put me in a very questioning state as far as Pruitt's life expectancy and could make next year a make or brake year.

I will double down on that if JG sees any more time at QB this year as we have to look towards next year and JG (I have no ill will towards JG and want to wish him well as he has taken a beating on the field and off of it, but he must move on) cannot be part of that or this program will officially be off the rails. I know that some people already consider that the case, but I'm still holding out hope that they are wrong, but who knows I could easily be the one who is wrong and would have a hard time defending my position other than saying that I have to keep the faith to keep my sanity.

Reactions: miket4god
I really don't know what I want to see. Last year, I wanted to see a strong finish that would lead to hope that it would carry into a having a really good season this year. I guess, at this point, I just want to see the team finish the season safe and healthy (free of COVID), and let's try again next season.

Reactions: xtremevolfan
1. QB development
2. A team that fights for 60 minutes and does not quit
3. A OL that plays to sum of parts
4. Prepared teams and halftime adjustments that we have yet to see for 2.5 years
5. A head coach being a head coach and not a micromanager
6. Not embarrased by Mullen again
7. A Bye Girls thread

I'd just like to see us trying to win, even if we get down. Punting from the opponent's side of the field, three straight running plays, etc while down 2+ scores is pathetic.

1. Steady improvement
2. Motivation (entire game)
3. Less mental mistakes/breakdowns
4. Coaching to win (not coaching scared)
4. Way more offense
5. Better D line play, better LB play in coverage.....much better and tighter D backfield play
6. Competitive in every game

If I saw all these things, I could be happy even with losses.....as it would mean actual overall improvement.

Realistically Florida is a loss, TAMU loss I think best case is 3-2, Auburn and Arky the way we’ve looked the last two games and those are both losses. 3-7 is a real probability. I don’t think Pruitt survives 3-7.

Florida is a QB injury away from being **** tbh.

Different QB and an aggressive game plan. Then let the chips fall. We will win more than we lose.

No. We should be in a position to win every one of these games, IF:

1. We make an offensive gameplan around the limitations of JG as we did against Bama
2. Get QB pressure like we did in first two games; fix middle of the field problems
3. Run the damn football

If Chaney still believes JG is Tyler Bray (and Chaney didn't win a lot or make a lot of tough yards when he did have Tyler Bray as QB), then we're screwed like the KY game. I think we go 4 - 1 in the next stretch if Pruitt reins in Chaney and the Flag Football Offense.

Reactions: 25801VOL
I want to see 5 competitive games, no more #2 and we need 4 wins to finish above 500. I don’t think we will will 4.

.500 in year three, not what anyone wanted. I don’t see how we go .500 with the offense we’ve shown.

is there only 1 or 2 wins left this season for the hapless Vols?

I want to see Maurer or Bailey taking all the snaps in game.
I want to see Tee Hodge and Dee Beckwith getting meaningful carries (assuming they're healthy).

I want to the the defense play hard again, since (in my scenario) they don't have to compensate for JG"s implosions.

W's ... of course.

Reactions: Chippo
Different QB. Actual game planning that isn't "lets not lose by more than 3 TD's".

That's not what we did against Alabama at all. We came out and ran hurry up offense when we should have milked the clock and shortened the game. I will go to my grave not understanding why we didn't do that.

VN Store

Back