Larry Scott

gray0306

Yahoo! Sports' Pat Forde lists Tennessee's Larry Scott among worst coordinator hires in college football.....I hope that just maybe Hoke does something with the offense this week

Reactions: 4 people
Yahoo! Sports' Pat Forde lists Tennessee's Larry Scott among worst coordinator hires in college football history.....I hope that just maybe Hoke does something with the offense this week

Added the word "history" to your post to make it more accurate.

I would say hiring Scott is as bad as hiring Sal Sunseri but Shoop's defense has been worse than Sunseri's.

Reactions: 3 people
Yahoo! Sports' Pat Forde lists Tennessee's Larry Scott among worst coordinator hires in college football.....I hope that just maybe Hoke does something with the offense this week

He was running Jones' offence. We really don't know don't know what he is capable of.

Reactions: 3 people
We will see the next 2 weeks.

Yup. I don't expect a lot of difference because I don't think much can be changed in a week of practice. Hitting a few passes while the receiver is running would be nice instead of that comeback crap on the side line that we throw. I like the way McBride gets rid of the ball as soon as he sees something. Gaurantano holds the ball too long. Of course LSU's D line against our O line will not be a pretty sight. Hope I am wrong.

- Why Wells was in way over his head. OLine never stood a chance. “....Do I have to kick you in the Nuts?” Truly motivational....

- Our WR receiver coach was so clueless, Butch brought in 2 experienced WR coaching “consultants” in the spring to help him.

- Strength and conditioning coach was another bust. Some of the players bought in, some didn’t. Mass injuries and players being gassed at the end of games.

Yup. I don't expect a lot of difference because I don't think much can be changed in a week of practice. Hitting a few passes while the receiver is running would be nice instead of that comeback crap on the side line that we throw. I like the way McBride gets rid of the ball as soon as he sees something. Gaurantano holds the ball too long. Of course LSU's D line against our O line will not be a pretty sight. Hope I am wrong.
I expect some more 2 TE sets and maybe more slants mixed in with some play action....maybe

Reactions: 1 person
I think Scott was coordinator in title only. He was handcuffed so much that he had no mark on the offense.

There's nothing Hoke can do he's a defensive guy. Only hope we have is that Butch wasn't letting Scott call what he wanted and will now have free reign. But Canales is a horrible QB Coach and combine that with horrible play calling you get what we see on gameday's. But Hoke may wanna work about stopping the run. If Mizzou can hit us for 400 rushing yards god knows what Guice and Williams will put up on us. The LSU game has potential to be one of those 35-0,42-3 type games.

Not sure it qualifies as journalism if it is common knowledge that any first grader in Tennessee would know. Not optimistic, but would love to see us come out and shock the world.

Pat Forde????? really what a buffoon, doesn't take any credibility to make that statement about Larry

There's nothing Hoke can do he's a defensive guy. Only hope we have is that Butch wasn't letting Scott call what he wanted and will now have free reign. But Canales is a horrible QB Coach and combine that with horrible play calling you get what we see on gameday's. But Hoke may wanna work about stopping the run. If Mizzou can hit us for 400 rushing yards god knows what Guice and Williams will put up on us. The LSU game has potential to be one of those 35-0,42-3 type games.

I agree. Wouldn't it be crazy if Butch was the one holding Shoop back on D, and we come out and attack in the way that we thought our DL would at the start of the season. I could definitely see LSU come in not taking us seriously. Would be biggest indictment on Butch if we could pull off the upset...not that I'm expecting it. OL too thin, and no passing game.

I think Scott was coordinator in title only. He was handcuffed so much that he had no mark on the offense.

Care to explain? With details?

I see this repeated constantly on here like its a fact but all one has to do is look at our offense the last few years to see how ridiculous this thought process is..

FCBJ's offense took one of the worst passing QBs (with regard to technique arm strength, accuracy and decision making)to start multiple seasons at UT and him finish in the top 5 passes in the history of the program. This offense also took a guy who all the keyboard coaches here claim was playing out of position and make him the fifth highest rusher in school history only 400 or so yards from the number 1 spot. This while playing behind suspect o-lines and splitting time with Kamara AND quitting a little past half way of his third season.

So you guys look kind of silly saying there was something wrong with the offense before Larry Scott got here.

Reactions: 2 people

I would think Hokes lack of coaching ability has something to do with our inability to stop the run. His unit certainly hasn't looked very good this year.

He wasn't so much a hire as a default selection...Butch went after an OC but was turned down.

New coach will no doubt bring in an experienced OC...

I would like to see what these coaches can do, not being handcuffed and be allowed to coach there game

VN Store

Back