Larry Scott

bnhunt

Makes the Sunseri hire look genius. He is clearly in way over his head. His redzone playcalling is incompetent. If he still has a job on Monday, then this program has truly given up all hope.

Reactions: 15 people
I’ve been trying to say this since the beginning of this season. I think the play calling and packages have been horrific. Doesn’t help a struggling team. This has to happen to even give the rest of the team a chance.

This is butchs offense

as calling the plays. Jones should sack Scott today, and then maybe Jones will be sacked at the end of the season. We have some experience issues at the skill positions--but our play-calling has been B-A-D and our offense has been close to incompetent.

Reactions: 6 people
Makes the Sunseri hire look genius. He is clearly in way over his head. His redzone playcalling is incompetent. If he still has a job on Monday, then this program has truly given up all hope.
Amen brother!
This is a talented team that is hamstrung by poor offensive play calling. D played good enough to win for first 3 quarters....on the field too long bc of all the 3 and outs. JG should have at least twice as many runs today. POOR play calling cost us the game

Reactions: 1 person
They both need to be gone after today. Butch should not be allowed to make another decision regarding Tennessee football. Not a single one.

Reactions: 5 people
Jones hired Scott so he would have control of the offense. He micro manages every coach and that is why most of the groups look so bad.

Reactions: 4 people
Not counting the last drive when we had to throw downfield, how many times did we throw it for 10 yards or longer??

Larry Scott has to be the most incompetent play caller I have ever seen. I know Butch may be history, but if I was him..... Scott would be out the door right freaking now.

How many STUPID play calls did he make today? He's a freaking idiot

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
With CBS in the box beside him I cannot believe how bad the offense is.lean over and give the guy some hints on how to attack a defense.

Not defending anyone now but why would you hire a guy for the OC position who has never been a OC? Probably so you can control him. That's all on Butch.

Reactions: 3 people
I think it's a bit more like Fulmer and Clawson. Clawson is a good coach, but for whatever reason, many good OCs struggled under Fulmer. Same deal with Randy Sanders, who has looked a lot better after leaving Tennessee.

Larry Scott is a guy who I could see becoming a good OC 4 years down the road under a better head coach and mentor.

We've seen moments of brilliance from Scott, but also a lot of really dumb moments. But the fact that he's had the brilliant moments makes me think he has potential to be a good OC; just not under Butch.

Scott is most likely the most incompetent OC in the SEC. It is obvious in the red zone and it was obvious throughout the day. JG didn't seem to ever pass on 1st or 2nd down. He was set up to fail.

Reactions: 3 people
I think it's a bit more like Fulmer and Clawson. Clawson is a good coach, but for whatever reason, many good OCs struggled under Fulmer. Same deal with Randy Sanders, who has looked a lot better after leaving Tennessee.

Larry Scott is a guy who I could see becoming a good OC 4 years down the road under a better head coach and mentor.

We've seen moments of brilliance from Scott, but also a lot of really dumb moments. But the fact that he's had the brilliant moments makes me think he has potential to be a good OC; just not under Butch.

I cannot think of a brilliant play. The first half today had some of the best calls under Larry Scott and it wasn't enough to score.

Reactions: 1 person

For whatever reason? LMAO Yeah lets not relive that.

Based on what I've seen, he doesn't have the intellect to EVER become a good OC..... he'll never even be a sorry as hell OC..... he is that ignorant and pitiful

VN Store

Back