Larry Scott staying (for now)

His position group (TEs & Special Teams) under performed this year compared to when Coach Elder had them..............so I can see why his phone didn't ring... Where your position group ranks nationally dictates whether or not you will get a HC job......

don't be fooled by special teams titles these coaches have. Jones is the voice behind special teams

His position group (TEs & Special Teams) under performed this year compared to when Coach Elder had them..............so I can see why his phone didn't ring... Where your position group ranks nationally dictates whether or not you will get a HC job......

One area where we really took a step back this year was penalties and turnovers. A big part of that was on special teams. In that regard Mark Elder is sorely missed. The injuries to Cam, Alvin and Evan sure didn't help either.

We could also use a PK whisperer!

Reactions: 1 person
What has Scott done besides having ties to Florida recruits? Hope TEs are utilized more next year

...come one Cat...think about some of the recruits he's helped bring to UTK...also, he doesn't call the plays, does he...:)

GO VOLS...BEAT HUSKERS!

What will the weeping and gnashing of teeth be when Debord stays as the OC?

That's what I just proposed...just add a Co-OC to call the plays and coach the QBs. No weeping or gnashing WHEN that happens. :)

8-4, when people were expecting 10-2, won't translate into phones ringing for the staff

Little do you know, because the phone has been ringing for the staff with schools vying their services. A record has nothing to do with it. It's their worth. Coaching is a network, set up by a who you know, what you've done and your pedigree. CWM didn't do very well as a DC at UGa, but that didn't kill his career.

Larry scott will be a great head coach..did a good job withe the canes my other fav team..i hoping they was going to hire him...vols should hire him if butch leave

VN Store

Back