Lane, Lane and More Lane - Leaving Ole Miss?

He could just as easily be working for more cash. As long as you are not in contact with him, you're safe.

I tolerated him as UT coach. He showed his colors to me.

Since then, he’s done NOTHING to disprove he’s in this for him and nothing else. Three schools “revived” his coaching career. He screwed one after 1 season. He became so insufferable at the other, they chose not to allow him to coach in the NC game (the only assistant they’ve treated like this) . Now, he’s trying like hell to screw the other.

How real Tennessee fans wanted this POS back is beyond me. Do you want to be where Ole Miss is tonight? Don’t say “he’d never leave again”. That’s ********. He would.

Corral has announced that he is leaving. Does Kiffin get an offer worthy of jumping ship for, or is he forced to show whether or not he truly can develop a QB while trying to recruit one. Will we see Cody Kessler 2.0.?

Reactions: HarsinVol
Corral has announced that he is leaving. Does Kiffin get an offer worthy of jumping ship for, or is he forced to show whether or not he truly can develop a QB while trying to recruit one. Will we see Cody Kessler 2.0.?
I think he is super lucky either way. If he gets another job its a place easier to attract better talent. If he stays with the new transfer rule. Any qb who is really good but in middle of coaching change or just wants to play in a more qb friendly system. He can get them immediately instead of making due with what he has for a year while they redshirt like old rule. To me coaches like him that have a reputation for an offensive or defensive strength benefit from this transfer rule more than others.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I tolerated him as UT coach. He showed his colors to me.

Since then, he’s done NOTHING to disprove he’s in this for him and nothing else. Three schools “revived” his coaching career. He screwed one after 1 season. He became so insufferable at the other, they chose not to allow him to coach in the NC game (the only assistant they’ve treated like this) . Now, he’s trying like hell to screw the other.

How real Tennessee fans wanted this POS back is beyond me. Do you want to be where Ole Miss is tonight? Don’t say “he’d never leave again”. That’s ********. He would.
I wanted him back because I foolishly believed he had changed. I want people to be redeemed and to turn away from the sins of their past. I hope that someday he does change, but that probably won’t happen.

I think Ole Miss has the potential to be a really good job and could contend for the West eventually. They have a lot of tradition and can get some talent there. If Kiffin jumps, I would think a lot of AD’s are really going to question why they would even entertain a flight risk that seems to be angling for more money every two years and won’t provide the stability these AD’s are looking for in their program. Idk…

I think he is super lucky either way. If he gets another job its a place easier to attract better talent. If he stays with the new transfer rule. Any qb who is really good but in middle of coaching change or just wants to play in a more qb friendly system. He can get them immediately instead of making due with what he has for a year while they redshirt like old rule. To me coaches like him that have a reputation for an offensive or defensive strength benefit from this transfer rule more than others.
Good point on the transfer portal, he and Rattler are made for each other.

I think Ole Miss has the potential to be a really good job and could contend for the West eventually. They have a lot of tradition and can get some talent there. If Kiffin jumps, I would think a lot of AD’s are really going to question why they would even entertain a flight risk that seems to be angling for more money every two years and won’t provide the stability these AD’s are looking for in their program. Idk…

Since Archie Manning left 50 yrs ago, the only time Ole Miss has been a consistent winner probation immediately followed. Coincidence?

Reactions: TennTom

VN Store

Back