Lane Kiffin

Kiffin offends Fulmer. That hire will never happen. Fulmer is back at the UT teat sucking up cash, and he ain’t gonna bring in anyone he doesn’t like.

As for developing Bailey, I think in 3-4 years he will be good. Thankfully, we will have JG to start during that time.

How many times do people have to see this movie? Other than the relatively obscure job at FAU, Kiffin comes in and generates a bunch of excitement with some gimmick or other. Then it blows up.

The guy is eventually toxic.

He Blows Up !!! Are you serious Clark? You might want to check the stats! He was ...

7-6 at Tennessee
28-15 at USC
26-13 at Florida Atlantic

Compared to what I've watched for the last 12+ years at Tennessee ... I'LL TAKE HIM ANYDAY !!!

He Blows Up !!! Are you serious Clark? You might want to check the stats! He was ...

7-6 at Tennessee
28-15 at USC

Compared to what I've watched for the last 12+ years at Tennessee ... I'LL TAKE HIM ANYDAY !!!

Blew up
Blew up
Under the radar

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Watching Ole Miss go toe-to-toe with Bummer tonight. Ole Miss would thump our guys by 14-21 points.

I don’t want Lane as the coach here but it is killing me watching Kiffin coach circles around Saban right now in his first season while we’re still getting drilled by good teams.

I'm watching Lane Kiffin's Mississippi team out scheme Alabama's defense handily (so far) and I'm regretting that Tennessee wouldn't even talk to him 3 years ago after we fired Botch. I know his leaving was shameless but the reality was that he had to make last second decision after Carroll left/was fired by USC and USC was his "dream job" after all. I'd imagine many of us would have done the same. As I recall Lane in his only year here had Alabama "on the ropes" and only lost the game due to 2 blocked field goals, the second of which was on the last play of the game and he did this with a depleted, talentless team that included 2 walkons (the Sullins) on the OL. I have NO DOUBT that Lane would have a better record than Pruitt at this point and he certainly wouldn't be starting JG at QB. I do like CJP and I believe he will improve once he sees the light on JG but I will forever regret we didn't give Lane a second chance.

might.gif

Kiffin would be a great hire (along with a proven DC) for anyone now, but he wouldn't be the coach he is now had he NOT left for USC and took the lumps that followed. Had he stayed, he wouldn't be who is now bc he was very immature and overly cocky then.

That being said, I'm happy with the progress made under Pruitt so far. We lost to the #3 team in the country and led at halftime. Relax, people. We're getting there.

Reactions: theFallGuy
The difference between Pruitt and Kiffin is that Kiffin is actually a coach. I loathed Kiffin as much as anyone when he left; it was despicable and unconscionable. That said, he got humbled, and he would have taken this job in a New York minute when we were doing our last search (and made that painfully obvious), and it's many levels beyond negligent and incompetent that Fulmer hired the guy we have over a coach who had already proven he could coach. We would be in the hunt right now for the playoff if we had hired Kiffin three years ago.

Right now Bammer V Ole Miss 35-35 3:min 3rd Q
Bammer just scored maybe not Harris knee down Oh to heck with it!

Also we have a “franchise QB” in Bailey.

That's a pretty bold statement on someone who hasn't taken a single college snap. I am sure the Auburn fans thought the same thing about Nix, but looked how that has turned out.

7-6 at Tennessee
28-15 at USC

So you honestly think Lane Kiffin's time at USC was any better than Butch Jones' time here?

Kiffin will most likely be 1-2 at the end of the night and you guys think he’s awesome?

True but our fans are sick and tired of hiring guys that are still needing on the job training in Y3 or mid major coaches without the ability to handle SEC football.

Just shows how right you were with your recommended choice 3 yrs ago.

Reactions: The Original Fade

VN Store

Back