Lane Kiffin

There would be people bamar howlin for Nick's head...

Ole Miss is a abusing Alabama's defense I haven't seen this since like the 90s!! I've always said kiffin is a great offensive coach !!!

I mentioned it in another thread, NOBODY is playing defense in the SEC except Georgia. Bama damn near looks as bad as Florida, not quite, but bad.

Got the Rebs up by 7 with 3m to go in the first half. They may get blown out by the final, but man, I wish we had his offense. This isn't a "fahr Pruitt" thread. Just appreciating how far Kiffin has come since his fall that started here in Knoxville.

Remember we lead GA at half. Don't hold your breath lol

So glad we will not touch Kiffin. I mean, after all, it might make Fulmer upset, and we can’t have that.

Much better to wallow in mediocrity with coaches who don’t offend Fulmer.

I'm watching Lane Kiffin's Mississippi team out scheme Alabama's defense handily (so far) and I'm regretting that Tennessee wouldn't even talk to him 3 years ago after we fired Botch. I know his leaving was shameless but the reality was that he had to make last second decision after Carroll left/was fired by USC and USC was his "dream job" after all. I'd imagine many of us would have done the same. As I recall Lane in his only year here had Alabama "on the ropes" and only lost the game due to 2 blocked field goals, the second of which was on the last play of the game and he did this with a depleted, talentless team that included 2 walkons (the Sullins) on the OL. I have NO DOUBT that Lane would have a better record than Pruitt at this point and he certainly wouldn't be starting JG at QB. I do like CJP and I believe he will improve once he sees the light on JG but I will forever regret we didn't give Lane a second chance.

Got the Rebs up by 7 with 3m to go in the first half. They may get blown out by the final, but man, I wish we had his offense. This isn't a "fahr Pruitt" thread. Just appreciating how far Kiffin has come since his fall that started here in Knoxville.

And Tenn was leading at the half, too.

I'm watching Lane Kiffin's Mississippi team out scheme Alabama's defense handily (so far) and I'm regretting that Tennessee wouldn't even talk to him 3 years ago after we fired Botch. I know his leaving was shameless but the reality was that he had to make last second decision after Carroll left/was fired by USC and USC was his "dream job" after all. I'd imagine many of us would have done the same. As I recall Lane in his only year here had Alabama "on the ropes" and only lost the game due to 2 blocked field goals, the second of which was on the last play of the game and he did this with a depleted, talentless team that included 2 walkons (the Sullins) on the OL. I have NO DOUBT that Lane would have a better record than Pruitt at this point and he certainly wouldn't be starting JG at QB. I do like CJP and I believe he will improve once he sees the light on JG but I will forever regret we didn't give Lane a second chance.
because he's tied with Bama at half? lol okay.

Kiffin leaving the way he did - and as late in the recruiting timetable as his did - is almost completely responsible for why we are where we are. You can attribute in a direct line the horrors of the last decade to his leaving the way he did.

That said, I was loudly advocating for his hire when the coaching debacle reached ridiculous levels this last go round. He was at least a proven coach who you knew could recruit and scheme around your deficiencies. Instead, we have an SEC talented team with a QB who couldn't start on my kids flag football team. Meanwhile, Kiffin takes Ole Miss and immediately has them at competitive with the best team in the country.

Coach Cornbread better coach up Bailey before his extension looks as ridiculous as it does right now.

Kiffin would have won at least one Championship in Knoxville if he had stayed here
If he couldn't keep his job at USC and not win a Championship there, no way he was doing it here. Remember we had the very immature 33 year old Kiffin, not the 44 year old he is now. Had he stayed he would have done what he did at USC. Not win anything and get run out of town after a few years.

Go ahead fire Pruitt and he becomes dfence co at ole piss and they win a natty ...Go vols

When Fulmer retires go get him if he’s proven himself to be ELITE by then. Being ok and leading at the half are fine but we need guaranteed epic quality coaching and recruiting.

Hell if he has Ole Miss rolling and Pruitt don’t work out here, We could always go after him. Realistically Fulmer will be here for 5 more years.

Honestly Fulmer and Kiffin burying the proverbial hatchet would be good to see. Although they prolly don’t have major beef, itt is odd to see the dislike outside of the whole “Lane leaving us at midnight” thing

If he couldn't keep his job at USC and not win a Championship there, no way he was doing it here. Remember we had the very immature 33 year old Kiffin, not the 44 year old he is now. Had he stayed he would have done what he did at USC. Not win anything and get run out of town after a few years.

Well for his first 3 years he was never gonna win anything because of sanctions. Sooooooo

VN Store

Back