Lane Kiffin on Chattanooga 102.3 sports talk

Lane is just the man to bring the fire back to the fan base . The media and fans might not like him but his players love him

It will never happen. Too many UT fans think like teenagers.

Best we can hope for is that he does not end up as HC at another SEC school.

Fwiw, the fans don’t make the call. I’m actually not gonna be surprised if it’s him.

All I have to say is someone else is "getting up close and personal" with Layla. Also, he will forever have a kid named Knox. Let that sink in Laney. Karma is a cruel mistress.

I thought Kiffin would slide into the Gator job, but was giving Mac another year. Not sure they would hire him right now. He needs another season at UCF, but if they can't find a better hire, Florida will look at him.

Are you so gullible that you think that he wouldn't bolt on us again? Get us more NCAA violations? This is a silly argument that I'm going to back out of. He is not going to be hired because--luckily--there are people smarter than you that will make the hiring decision.

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, he's a pretty good coach. People forget, but the South Carolina, Georgia games got us excited about his potential. That's why everyone was pissed when he left. No one cares when a crap coach leaves.

That was also before a huge number of his recruits were arrested or flunked out of school and the academics hit rock bottom.

I thought Kiffin would slide into the Gator job, but was giving Mac another year. Not sure they would hire him right now. He needs another season at UCF, but if they can't find a better hire, Florida will look at him.

he doesn't coach UCF. He coaches Florida Atlantic...big difference.

Reactions: 3 people
Are you so gullible that you think that he wouldn't bolt on us again? Get us more NCAA violations? This is a silly argument that I'm going to back out of. He is not going to be hired because--luckily--there are people smarter than you that will make the hiring decision.

You seem to have attachment issues. Been dumped alot in life? Probably.

I don't worry about what he or any future coach will do other than winning. But you keep hand wringing over violations.

He won't even be considered because we have a huge contingent of imbeciles in our fan base.

Reactions: 3 people
This summary was posted on Reddit for any Vol fans who have forgotten what happened when Kiffin was here. This is why we hate him and winning games won’t make up for destroying and disrespecting our history and traditions.

He flat out refused to recite General Neyland's Maxims. A Tennessee tradition that goes back to WWII - every single team has repeated them before every game. Kiffin wanted to ignore them. Player leadership demanded that Kiffin make time in pre-game so that THEY could lead the team - and when the players led the team in the Maxims Kiffin stood there without speaking.

· Played USC highlights in all the football facilities. No highlights of Travis Henry, no highlights of Eric Berry, no highlights of Peyton Manning. Kiffin had Matt Leinart & Reggie Bush highlights playing instead.

· Painted over Tennessee murals. He ordered the maintenance staff to remove or replace a lot of Tennessee’s historical pictures/paintings - even going so far as to demand the removal of a picture of Peyton Manning leading the band in Rocky Top - the Peyton picture was not removed because the maintenance staff refused to do it. Let that sink in, they cared enough to risk their jobs to save a historical picture that the HC of Tennessee didn't care about at all.

Kiffin showed absolutely zero respect for Tennessee. More than anything else that is what irks me. I don't blame him for leaving for his dream job - I really don't. But the man came into Knoxville and treated Tennessee like we had no history, no traditions, and nothing to build off of.
He treated us like we were San Jose State instead of a top-10 winning program.

This, he could care less about TN. He’s a very good coach, but also remember the attrition of players and the low life’s he was bringing in. We’d be ok probabtion in two years and he would be out and could care less

You make a great point. Why isn't Kiffin being considered for the UF job? UF wouldn't have to pay much for his moving expenses.

Lane burnt any UF bridge before ever coaching a game at UT. Do you not remember his antics toward that school and coach?

Lane never said a bad thing about Tennessee. He left because he found what he said was his dream job, and that ultimately didn't work out. I find his reason for leaving to be believable, although I and every other mattress burner in Knoxville were mad about it. People were pretty excited about him as HC at the time and I bet he deeply regrets leaving. He was building a pretty solid program. Fans loved it and were amped for every game day when he was there. Recruits wanted to be part of it. There was excitement, improvement, and positive recruiting news. It's all a big part of why he was able to land a job at his dream school at the time.

Last edited:
You seem to have attachment issues. Been dumped alot in life? Probably.

I don't worry about what he or any future coach will do other than winning. But you keep hand wringing over violations.

He won't even be considered because we have a huge contingent of imbeciles in our fan base.

Yes...ones that want Lane Kiffin back. :crazy:

Honestly, he's a pretty good coach. People forget, but the South Carolina, Georgia games got us excited about his potential. That's why everyone was pissed when he left. No one cares when a crap coach leaves.

A pretty good coach? That is why rumors abounded that Saban was going to cut him loose after his last season and Kiff managed to land the FAU gig, saving Saban the trouble. He had a rocky ride at Tuscaloosa.

This guy has no class what so ever, why would you sell your soul to the devil again we can win without this jerk.

I think he may be our best realistic choice. How long are we going to let Gruden toy with us. My list is this and in this order. Franklin Peterson Frost and then Kiffin. We need to hire someone that we dont have to beg to come here.

VN Store

Back