Lance Leipold (Buffalo)

How would you feel if we hired Lance Leipold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would that be good or bad? He’s won plenty but at significantly smaller schools. Just curious how some would feel.

Reactions: 08Vol
I don’t know much about him so can’t comment. He may be a good choice instead of hiring retreads.

I would not hire the coach from Louisiana as his dream job is LSU and I could see Orgeron leaving within two or three yrs.

Reactions: Nouveaux
call me cornbread, but 62 year old Jeff Fischer would be much better than 56 year old Lance Leipold. Their head coaching winning percentage is basically the same. One's record was in the NFL, with the other's in the mid-american conference...

Most here would be upset because they’ve likely not heard of him. He has won everywhere he’s been and has built buffalo into a solid team.

Yes, I had to google him but at Buffalo he was 5-7, 2-10, 6-6 in first three seasons. If had done similar job here, he would not get that third year. I am not sure what the situation was at Buffalo but just basing it off the record there. Could you please elaborate of any specifics that can help us understand better ?

Reactions: tribe80 and 08Vol
Yes, I had to google him but at Buffalo he was 5-7, 2-10, 6-6 in first three seasons. If had done similar job here, he would not get that third year. I am not sure what the situation was at Buffalo but just basing it off the record there. Could you please elaborate of any specifics that can help us understand better ?

He has shown consistent improvement (other than the year 2 you mentioned above) at a terrible school. I’m not saying he is a homerun, but he has progressively successful head coaching experience where he’s had to coach teams up. That alone puts him higher on my list than any coordinator, especially coordinators from talent rich schools.

Reactions: volmandu
Not Chadwell and his triple option based O.
So...are we to believe a good coach can only grasp and run one offense? Ever? Or perhaps can they adjust, retool, and adapt to different teams and circumstances.

I submit a coach that cannot change in response to the situation he finds himself in won't be a coach long.

VN Store

Back