Lance Armstrong. The Cheat.

What exactly does doping do for a cyclist? Is it an endurance thing, is it a strength or speed thing? I'm not questioning that it does, but have just never heard precisely what edge it gives a cyclist.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Blood Doping is when you increase your body's red blood cells. Red blood cells are what carry oxygen from the lungs to the muscles. Therefore it increases your stamina and helps you recover faster.

If they introduced doping to the sport to begin with, I would care about this argument. But they didn't, so I don't.

"Everyone was doing it," you shrug, minimizing what Armstrong was doing. But it was Armstrong himself who turned cycling into a sport where doping was universal and practically institutionalized. You don't get the disconnect there?

It's a witch hunt. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Armstrong was still competing in cycling races. How is compiling evidence against an active competitor a "witch hunt"?

i've wondered if one of the reasons he developed cancer so young, was partially due to the performance ehancing substances he had been taking.

Never liked him. Doing your confession with Oprah just makes it exponentially worse. I reall really don't like him now.

If he hadn't been denying it for years, his camp trashing anyone who dared questioned him, and now admitting it on Oprah after he has little choice but to admit it, maybe I'd feel bad for him.

If he hadn't been denying it for years, his camp trashing anyone who dared questioned him, and now admitting it on Oprah after he has little choice but to admit it, maybe I'd feel bad for him.

Greg LeMond used to have his own brand of bicycles. He questioned Armstrong. The sponsors destroyed LeMond's brand. It isn't just Armstrong's doping, it's the big train of carnage Armstrong left in his wake while denying the doping.

Reactions: 1 person
Greg LeMond used to have his own brand of bicycles. He questioned Armstrong. The sponsors destroyed LeMond's brand. It isn't just Armstrong's doping, it's the big train of carnage Armstrong left in his wake while denying the doping.

Damn. Didn't realize this was happening. Now I'm starting to not like Armstrong.

"Everyone was doing it," you shrug, minimizing what Armstrong was doing. But it was Armstrong himself who turned cycling into a sport where doping was universal and practically institutionalized. You don't get the disconnect there?

Armstrong was still competing in cycling races. How is compiling evidence against an active competitor a "witch hunt"?

No, I don't. Like I said, if they introduced the concept of cheating into the sport, then I would care. Since there were cheaters before him and after him, placing the whole mess that cycling became solely on him or his team is crazy.

I'm not denying the fact the guy was a grade A *******, because he absolutely was. In fact, that's the reason every body is out to get him and him alone, while completely ignoring the fact he was far from the only one cheating.

You don't have to like him. I don't either. But don't sit there and tell me everything is his fault.

No, I don't. Like I said, if they introduced the concept of cheating into the sport, then I would care. Since there were cheaters before him and after him, placing the whole mess that cycling became solely on him or his team is crazy.

I'm not denying the fact the guy was a grade A *******, because he absolutely was. In fact, that's the reason every body is out to get him and him alone, while completely ignoring the fact he was far from the only one cheating.

You don't have to like him. I don't either. But don't sit there and tell me everything is his fault.

this. Blaming Lance is like blaming Bonds or McGuire for baseballs issues. Lance is many terrible things but he's not the cause for doping in cycling.

I think Wetzel put out a pretty good article on why you should dislike Armstrong for his bullying, not necessarily the cheating and lying.

Lance Armstrong's doping admission: Questions Oprah should have asked - Yahoo! Sports

There weren't any.

Don't be stupid, there were still plenty of riders that raced clean. Given a true, doper-free playing field they could have competed on the same levels and won the same races.

Women's cycling has taken a massive hit from the doping scandals on the men's side. That's not fair to the women, that sponsors drop out because they don't want to be associated with a sport that has a black mark. There is very little doping in the women's peloton compared to the men's.

Despite his cheating lying and bullying, I'll take what he did for cancer awareness and research.

I think Wetzel put out a pretty good article on why you should dislike Armstrong for his bullying, not necessarily the cheating and lying.

Lance Armstrong's doping admission: Questions Oprah should have asked - Yahoo! Sports

Strong piece and doubtful Oprah will ask any of these questions. Zero interest in cycling but watching the spectacular fall from grace by this sociopathic douche is hilarious.

A cheat, a fraud, a bully, and a liar who now seems ready to become a snitch. Way to rehab that rep Lancey!

Last edited:
Don't be stupid, there were still plenty of riders that raced clean. Given a true, doper-free playing field they could have competed on the same levels and won the same races.

Women's cycling has taken a massive hit from the doping scandals on the men's side. That's not fair to the women, that sponsors drop out because they don't want to be associated with a sport that has a black mark. There is very little doping in the women's peloton compared to the men's.

Plenty? Name them.

And nobody wanted to associate themselves with women's cycling because nobody cares about women's cycling.

Last edited:
I just heard that this interview with Oprah is going to be aired over 2 days. Is anybody actually interested in watching?

I find it awesome every single one of his teammates basically said "Screw this guy, I'm tired of him" and testified against him.

VN Store

Back