Lamonte' Turner 1st Gen Grad!!!

aThe very best wishes to Lamonte for his bachelor's degree,and being the first in his family to graduate from college.There are things No One can ever take away,and this is one of them.Way to go.May your hard work in school and basketball pay off handsomely in the future for you.GBO.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I was the first in my family to get a degree and my older brother later followed. It meant a lot to my parents who worked so hard for all of us kids.

My kids are on track to graduate next year...I'll have to contain my emotions somehow! Maybe by thinking about those darn parent loans. lol

I suspect this is just the beginning of a terrific future. Great job Mr. Turner.

Did he redshirt or did he graduate in 3 years?
He redshirted after being ruled ineligible his FR year. He reclassified and enrolled a year early, only to have a class or two not be approved by the NCAA (something along those lines), and his eligibility got hung up in paperwork.

He redshirted after being ruled ineligible his FR year. He reclassified and enrolled a year early, only to have a class or two not be approved by the NCAA (something along those lines), and his eligibility got hung up in paperwork.

Gotcha. Still super awesome. I was gonna be insanely impressed if he'd graduated in 3 while being a varsity athlete. Now I'm just regular impressed.

Gotcha. Still super awesome. I was gonna be insanely impressed if he'd graduated in 3 while being a varsity athlete. Now I'm just regular impressed.
A number of athletes do it in 3 years because they typically stay on campus all summer and take summer classes.

VN Store

Back