Ladyvols Thread(post Pics)

Are you joking man? I don't want to sit here and harp on a classy bunch of ladies but it isn't even in the same universe as men's hoops. Women's basketball is almost sickening to watch. They play the worst fundamental game of basketball around.
Mens bball >>>> womens basketball and thats all there is to it.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I mean who else in the world talks about women's college basketball? Find me one message board right now that is having in depth discussion about WOMENS basketball.

I'm going to fall on the side of This...Hot.

The women's game is watchable when two top 15 ranked teams play. Even then, the amount of unforced turnovers, missed layups and off the shoulder 3 point shots makes me turn the channel.

I'm glad the Lady Vols are preseason #1 and I will root for them. I am as big a Tennessee fan as anyone on this board, I live in Knoxville and I have been to one LV Basketball game and won't go to another simply because it isn't entertaining.

I'm going to fall on the side of This...Hot.

The women's game is watchable when two top 15 ranked teams play. Even then, the amount of unforced turnovers, missed layups and off the shoulder 3 point shots makes me turn the channel.

I'm glad the Lady Vols are preseason #1 and I will root for them. I am as big a Tennessee fan as anyone on this board, I live in Knoxville and I have been to one LV Basketball game and won't go to another simply because it isn't entertaining.

Love my Lady Vols, hate the women's game. :good!:

Actually i think the womens game is a lot more fundemental than the mens game. They just cant do the things men can do. I still enjoy watching them, i just wish Brittany Jackson was still around

That's ridiculous. The part that I bolded was either a trolling joke or just plain ignorant.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Ditto. The women's game has more fundamentals as the men's game relies on pure athletes more and more. Just one man's opinion.

Though I admit, it is sometimes hard to watch when it is not two top teams.

How can people say the women are more fundamental when you can watch any women's game and see a plethora of missed layups?

How can people say the women are more fundamental when you can watch any women's game and see a plethora of missed layups?
they are dramatically better at lining up for Jump Balls, since there's a held ball about every 9 seconds.

I don't understand this argument every year. Why do people try to compare the women's game to the men's? The Lady Vols are the best women's program in the country and Bruce Pearl has the men's team heading in the right direction. But the only thing they have in common is they both play basketball for UT at TBA. The women's game is different from the men's game and that's OK. I know when I watch a women's game that I'm not going to see high flying fast paced basketball and that's OK with me it's a different game. If I watch a men's game I want to see the fast paced high flying stuff. Just let the different games be what they are. There's plenty of room on Volnation for fans of both. I do think it might be a good idea for Volfreak to add a Lady Vols forum just to keep the peace.

What gets me is that Lady Vol fans can't fathom the thought that most regular Tennessee fans would trade 1 men's basketball championship for the 6 or 7? Women's basketball championships currently in hand. I know I would.

What gets me is that Lady Vol fans can't fathom the thought that most regular Tennessee fans would trade 1 men's basketball championship for the 6 or 7? Women's basketball championships currently in hand. I know I would.

:yes: I might even trade in all of them for a Final Four appearance.

we could watch a mens game with the plethora of missed free throws that we missed in both ut/ohio state games :)

I wouldn't trade one women's national championship for a men's. The men will have to earn it themselves.
Again both stand on their own merit.

I wouldn't trade one women's national championship for a men's. The men will have to earn it themselves.
Again both stand on their own merit.

They stand on their own merit, but there's no doubt that a school gets a lot more mileage out of a men's title than a women's title.

That being said, their are two women's programs in the country that are even on a regular sports fan's radar, and we've got one of them. That's saying something.

If the womens game was as good as the mens game more people would talk about it.
Thats actually not true I dont understand y people are so judgemental when in it comes to Women's Basketball.To me Basketball is Basketball regardless of who plays it... But I myself watch every sport.. However I think more people watch Men's Basketball because most of them are capable of dunking..

I never see anyone,but me mention the Ladyvols when talking Basketball,and I dont know why since they are a part of UT Basketball.Also they when titles lol.

SO ill start it off.

First something I made when has banner contest for here.
Image2.gif

Gotta love PAT
capt_51c9d4004bb14d859b6230d73a61d9.jpg
I talk to people in many other states and they know a heck of alot more about Lady Vols than the Mens team

NO WAY!! THAT IS AN INSULT TO EVERY PLAYER ON EACH NC TEAM AS WELL AS CPS AND HER STAFF.

I am glad the mens game is starting to come up to the level of the LVOLS. and have started watching it now. For many years the ladies outdrew the men at TBA.

VN Store

Back