Lady Vols vs SC

Chitownvol1129

So SC beats the crap out of Ole Miss, hello, we did too, by a very similar score. We are giving our players legs for late in season, SC, not as much and freshman dominate. I think, holding UCONN, a not as good as normal UCONN to 60, on the road, we can beat them, or lose. I put it at 70% chance SC. We are a super athletic team, if we are on, if KK, McCoy, and Rae play up to potential, we can really give them problems. It has been a while since they have been challenged, other than a well coached, but not super talented Miss St. They are due a challenge, Go Lady Vols!

The key stat the remainder of the season is turnovers. If we could ever turn the ball over 10 times or less, we will have a shot against MS, Arkansas and A&M. I expect the S.C. game to be a similar loss like Stanford this season.

Having watched both SC and UT many times this season, I think UT does not match up well this season. I say that because SC feeds off the transition game for most of its offense and UT’s propensity for turnovers is going to fuel the SC transition game causing many SC “runs”. Also, SC will dominate in the paint, Key is no match for Boston.

Having watched both SC and UT many times this season, I think UT does not match up well this season. I say that because SC feeds off the transition game for most of its offense and UT’s propensity for turnovers is going to fuel the SC transition game causing many SC “runs”. Also, SC will dominate in the paint, Key is no match for Boston.
Amihere looked good last night also. That girl has game. She was the No.1 high school recruit above eventual No. 1 Jones and the others on the Gamecock team before she got injured. She is still not totally back from surgery....but she is getting there.

Reactions: RollerVol

That’s why they play the game my friend. I don’t think it will be a blood bath. Boston is a load she is thick and Key will get moved but I don’t think Key has begun to tap into her potential just yet and has a high ceiling. Amhere will be good for you guys as well

We'll have to play at a high level to win the game or to make a game of it. We can't have all the turnovers that we had in the past few games. Miss St made it a one possession game down there and had a chance to win, We just need to play with confidence and poise. We've been in enough big games this year to know what it takes against top teams.

Massey ratings has us losing the next 3 games.. USC, MSSt and LSU... I think we go 2-1. Losing to USC and beating Msst and LSU..

You know what will be really interesting? Oregon at UCONN, next game. We learn a lot from that one. Probably decides which of the 2 gets a 1 seed as well..

Reactions: JustaChicken
The key stat the remainder of the season is turnovers. If we could ever turn the ball over 10 times or less, we will have a shot against MS, Arkansas and A&M. I expect the S.C. game to be a similar loss like Stanford this season.
I will settle for 15 times or less.

South Carolina will be the team to beat, not just in the sec but nationally as well for the next 4 years..i doubt tennessee stays within 20

South Carolina will be the team to beat, not just in the sec but nationally as well for the next 4 years..i doubt tennessee stays within 20
I will hold my opinion about SC until they beat UConn. The Lady Vols can hold their own if they cut their turnovers in half.

I will hold my opinion about SC until they beat UConn. The Lady Vols can hold their own if they cut their turnovers in half.

I hope you are right, but even if they cut the turnovers tennessee is still very bad half court team and sc thrives in its transition game..

The game will be interesting. The verdict for me is still out on the Volunteers due to their SOS: they are 1-4 against top 50 RPI opponents, with the "1" coming in their last game against LSU. They are 0-3 against top 25 ranked opponents.

I did observe that against both Texas and Stanford, the Lady Vols took 72 shot attempts for each game, and only had 13 & 14 turnovers. Against Kentucky and Connecticut, they took 61 and 56 attempts, and committed 21 and 27 turnovers. Of course, I know that both sets of statistical categories impact each other - the more you turn the ball over, the fewer opportunities you have to shoot the ball. Both Kentucky and Connecticut are better perimeter defensive-minded teams than either Texas and Stanford. Against LSU - the lone top-50 RPI win - the Lady Vols did better on the turnovers, but still only took 52 shots, and were actually out-rebounded in a rare occasion for such a strong-rebounding team, 45-32.

I think South Carolina's own perimeter defense has slumped, especially since entering SEC play. But their offensive production has exploded to where they are now essentially tied with Arkansas in leading the conference in scoring offense. South Carolina is 8-1 versus top 50 RPI opponents, and 14-1 against top 100 RPI opponents. Tennessee is 4-4 combined against top 100 RPI opponents, so they are not as experienced against the better competition.

USC have played Baylor, Arkansas, Miss State, Maryland, and South Dakota, who are all in the top 10 nationally in scoring offense. Tennessee will play its first in the top 10 Sunday. But this is the SEC, and anything can and often does happen.....

VN Store

Back