Lady Vols vs Ole Miss - Turnovers

With TO controlled UT would have had UK on the road beat and Texas beat. UT isnt elite yet, but I really like where this team is heading. Losing Westbrook and Collins, and Zay out with an injury and out for the season I just dont think UT could have any more wins with anyone else coaching, outside a select few. And that's all I ask of this current team. GLV!

I said I would focus on the positives.
1. Dominated, and I mean dominated the boards.
2. Hit 40% of out 3 point shots!
3. Shot 49% for the game.
4. Did not let up, out scored them by double digits every quarter!
5. Yes, fewer turnovers!
6. Shows we may not be the best, but we can be competitive in the SEC.

We'll see how many turnovers we have going forward 12 to 15 is totally acceptable not gonna play the fast paced game and do better than that.

Reactions: RollerVol
I would not not put a lot of stock in our low turnover numbers, most of the game the Ole Miss players mostly stood still. 🤷‍♂️

We have seen defenders standing still before and the turnover numbers are still high from trying to force passes 🤷🏽‍♂️

What we can take stock in is that for two games noNo the focus on free throws has been there. One game is a fluke maybe two is the start of a good habit.

Ole Miss is the worst team we've played so far this year. They are terrible and just don't have D1 athletes or size. I wouldn't put too much stock into this win. Good game for the ladies none the less.

Reactions: BoroVolFan
I would not not put a lot of stock in our low turnover numbers, most of the game the Ole Miss players mostly stood still. 🤷‍♂️

Ole Miss is the worst team we've played so far this year. They are terrible and just don't have D1 athletes or size. I wouldn't put too much stock into this win. Good game for the ladies none the less.

If we had players who could anticipate Horston’s passes, most of them are on the money. :(

Hey g,,, I agree that most of her turnovers in passing, are exactly what you way. However, she does sometimes make a passing situation harder than it should have been. But that is her game and her way of playing is the next step for women's basketball.

jeff, pg,,,,we're the parade, you're rain

After seeing some of Ga this should be a 30 pts win at home. We will see. Its good to get confidence to our shooters like Jesse.

Reactions: mlindsay
Hey g,,, I agree that most of her turnovers in passing, are exactly what you way. However, she does sometimes make a passing situation harder than it should have been. But that is her game and her way of playing is the next step for women's basketball.

jeff, pg,,,,we're the parade, you're rain
Jeff is right. We should be happy for any win, and we definitely dominated, but that Ole Miss team was absolutely terrible.

Reactions: jeff1vol
I would say the one positive of the turnovers for this team compared to last year is that most of our turnovers this year are aggressive, dead ball, turnovers. Especially Horston, here are almost always dead ball. We have a chance to get back and set our defense unlike last season.

Kentucky game was the only one I can remember where we had a lot of live ball turnovers and that’s what cost us. If they don’t get any of those layups off our turnovers we win.

Would prior teams have had the killer instinct we displayed?
Yes, OM was bad, but in the not so distant past we let bad teams compete against us.This is growth

GA beat ol miss by 8 and lost to vandy...so yes, they on paper are bad...But we are Tennessee and that means anyone we play will play us like we are Tennessee!

So until the game is played, they are UCONN to me

After seeing some of Ga this should be a 30 pts win at home. We will see. Its good to get confidence to our shooters like Jesse.
Georgia is not Ole Miss. Ole Miss is no better than the OOC cupcakes that Tennessee has been gobbling up. Georgia could very well be a trap game. Tennessee needs to take them seriously.!

Georgia is not Ole Miss. Ole Miss is no better than the OOC cupcakes that Tennessee has been gobbling up. Georgia could very well be a trap game. Tennessee needs to take them seriously.!
Not saying that they should not take them seriously. If we do and shoot well it will be a blowout. Maybe not 30 but a comfortable 20+

Not saying that they should not take them seriously. If we do and shoot well it will be a blowout. Maybe not 30 but a comfortable 20+
If Tennessee shoots well, they'd blow out a lot of teams. The question is if they can shoot well against a team like Georgia that may not be great, but does have some size and athleticism to trouble them.

Very True for this team. Maybe you can answer a question for me. Tess Darby coming in next year. I understand she is tremendous shooter but was wondering about her Athletic abilities compared to K Dunbar or other shooters like her in past?

She has DD's abilities but without the psycho mindset. Would have loved to see JH & DD play together. Highlights4daze!

Reactions: NoBackBoard
She seems to have another "gear" and some turnovers are caused by her not being able to slow it down. She is an incredible athlete. Do you think the game needs slow down for her, in her head?

Kids like her and Burrell continually have to have reassurance that they are what you want them to be.
They are the "Meme's" of this unit.
Their success will depend on their influence.

Jon knows this...I have been watching his interactions with them as much as possible,
I believe he has Alpha qualities, which is needed to get the best out of Alpha athletes

VN Store

Back