Lady Vols vs Murray State Gamethread

My question is this, does Holly hold the players accountable for making turnovers? It just seems that if you're never held accountable, you'll probably continue to do it.

This. The bottom line is she's either coaching it, or allowing it to happen...

Reactions: djtee
This. The bottom line is she's either coaching it, or allowing it to happen...

Actually a very good question because if she can't stop it from beginning of the season till now makes ppl think wat she's coaching.

My question is this, does Holly hold the players accountable for making turnovers? It just seems that if you're never held accountable, you'll probably continue to do it.
The other side of that is making players afraid to take any chances. If you want a team to play an up tempo, style, some turnovers are going to happen.

The one change i would like to see is for Evina to not throw passes where she has not made eye contact with her target. Sometimes she fires the ball into a player who is simply not in a position to make any kind of play on the ball. If you target has her back turned to you, she is not really open.

Reactions: travis929
SMH at bad decisions at both ends of the court, not taking care of the ball (Evina had 1 asst and 5 TO's) and our three starting guards shot 12-34 and 3-16 from behind the arc. The play of Collins, Massengill, and Burrell off the bench was a bright spot, and KK's conditioning is improving. I don't get all the CGreen-bashing. She's playing tough inside, and getting offensive boards and put backs...we haven't had anyone do that for us since Graves left. Besides fouling, half of her problems are caused by the rest of the team not recognizing when she's open and when she isn't.

Reactions: lvocd and Will83
I just watched the game on the ESPN replay. Honestly, there is not that much to be taken away from this game. It was a glorified scrimmage game and the LVs were slow to get into any kind of playing form. The slept walked through the first 7 to 8 minutes and gradually got into the game. It was a good game for the Freshman to find a bit of a shooting groove. Now the question is whether they can recreate this performance against stronger comp. My big concern from this game is that Evina once again has some kind of knee problem. Last year, she battled something, perhaps tendonitis, for the last half of the season and it clearly impeded her. I hope this season is not a repeat of that injury scenario, particularly as bright as she has started the season.

20 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists against Belmont on Sunday.

VN Store

Back