Rickster

VFL
GAMEDAY TIMES & BROADCAST INFO

TENNESSEE

Roster Schedule Game Notes (PDF) Media Guide

MISSOURI

Roster Schedule Game Notes

THE LAST TIME WE MET
  • No. 11/11 Tennessee dropped a hard-fought thriller at No. 13/13 Missouri on Feb. 18, 2018, falling to the Tigers by a score of 77-73 in front of a record crowd of 11,092 at Mizzou Arena.
  • Senior Jaime Nared led the Lady Vols (21-6, 9-5 SEC) with 25 points, while Mercedes Russell added 10 points and nine rebounds.
  • UT overcame a 13-point second-quarter deficit and worked the game into a 62-62 tie with 5:18 remaining. However, the Tigers (22-5, 10-4 SEC) used clutch free-throw shooting down the stretch to pull ahead late, including two from Sophie Cunningham with one second remaining that put them ahead by four. Cunningham netted 32 points on 9-of-14 shooting to lead Missouri.
THE LAST TIME WE PLAYED MIZZOU IN KNOXVILLE
  • Diamond DeShields fired in 22 points, as the Lady Vols pulled away from the Tigers in the fourth quarter to win, 77-66, in Knoxville on Jan. 9, 2017.
  • Although the teams fought neck and neck through the first three periods of play, #24/25 Tennessee (16-8, 7-4 SEC) exploded in the fourth to put a gritty Missouri team (16-9, 6-5 SEC) away behind 75 percent shooting from the field during the period.
  • Jaime Nared, Mercedes Russell and Jordan Reynolds added 18, 12, and 12, respectively. Cierra Porter led the Tigers with 19 points and 10 rebounds.

So they put the UConn versus Houston game on CBS?! :rolleyes:
They should have put our game, which will be much more exciting!

Miss State versus Kentucky would be a good game for them to put on that nationally televised (CBS).
Btw that Freshman, Rhyne Howard, is having a great year thus far.

Meme, Zay, id even throw someone like MiMi Collins on her to give her different looks.

You will need to put someone that`s long on her she is about 6-1 6-2 Zay to start Cunningham likes to play in the post a lot.

You will need to put someone that`s long on her she is about 6-1 6-2 Zay to start Cunningham likes to play in the post a lot.

That’s true I didn’t think about that. Zay and Mimi would be good and I don’t see Rae B backing down either...

It was said in the telecast, if Holly was going down a dark alley she’s taking Zaay & Rae! Interesting. Not surprised.

So they put the UConn versus Houston game on CBS?! :rolleyes:
They should have put our game, which will be much more exciting!
No they didn't :rolleyes:
CBS has the early NFL game tomorrow (Chargers-Ravens).
The Houston- uconn game is on
CBSSN and not CBS (CBS has the NFL pre game show on at noon).

No they didn't :rolleyes:
CBS has the early NFL game tomorrow (Chargers-Ravens).
The Houston- uconn game is on
CBSSN and not CBS (CBS has the NFL pre game show on at noon).

Lol...Doh! My bad. Thanks for clarifying, I was like why in the world would they put that game on there. I just thought it was more UConn tail riding.

Holly should put whichever player doesn’t mind taking a few vicious elbows, because Cunningham is likely to throw a few. 😐 I’ll be nervous until the final buzzer that Cunningham will hurt one of our Lady Vols.

Rae or Zae!

So happy, I just got this in the mail!
They have numerous Tenn games there. Def worth a buy.

Missouri is a great perimeter shooting team. Goal has to be to stop them from getting open looks from the perimeter as much as possible. We need the freshmen to again play under control especially Zaay Green who had her best game of the season versus Auburn. Her shot selection and all around play in that game is what we hope we get in every game going forward. I think we should be able to get to the basket on this team. Keep them off the line and great perimeter D should win us this game. Rebounding always a must no reason why we can't win the offensive boards and limit them to one shot on the defensive end.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
As Cunningham goes, so does Missouri.

Yep, and she’s been very inconsistent so far this season. Will be interesting to see which Sophie shows up.

I’ve watched them a few times now, I really feel our pressure will bother this Missouri team. Their PG Aldridge has seemed distracted. I think being a law student and student athlete is wearing on her, she just doesn’t seem in it.

Aside from her their other main guard is a Freshman and she’s very unpredictable. Sometimes she looks like a Star and sometimes you’re just scratching your head.

Missouri is a great perimeter shooting team. Goal has to be to stop them from getting open looks from the perimeter as much as possible. We need the freshmen to again play under control especially Zaay Green who had her best game of the season versus Auburn. Her shot selection and all around play in that game is what we hope we get in every game going forward. I think we should be able to get to the basket on this team. Keep them off the line and great perimeter D should win us this game. Rebounding always a must no reason why we can't win the offensive boards and limit them to one shot on the defensive end.

Agreed, especially about Zaay, after watching the last game a couple of times, she really was the x-factor. You could see a concerted effort to play under control and it really showed up. 8 boards, 7 assists and double figure scoring. That’s not freshman play anymore, hoping she’s hit the next level! Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Rickster

VN Store

Back