Lady Vols vs. Missouri Game Thread

That was gross. All speed nothing more. Fundamentals is not taught at UT anymore holly might be a good upper coach but until the basics are taught, it wont amount to a elite game.

We have to start by getting players like Sophie Cunningham instead of 50% FT shooters. With her moxie, I bet basketball is not the only thing she's good at.

London got us back the game and we didn't look for her anymore after. They decided to play hero ball. I think we went the last 6 mins of London setting screens for the guards.

Reactions: T.J.
Welp that was ... uhm gross. Better learn and better learn and get better quick SMDH hate to lose at all but especially to that team 😡🤬

Reactions: cutiepie5
London got us back the game and we didn't look for her anymore after. They decided to play hero ball. I think we went the last 6 mins of London setting screens for the guards.

They didn't look for London to begin with. Her only scoring will come from cleaning the glass and making putbacks or FTs. She kept the score close in the second half doing just that.

I called it in another thread. Tennessee will go as far as Meme takes them. If she has stinkers like tonight, I don't believe Tennessee has enough to overcome that against a decent team.

This was a bad loss. Missouri should not have been in this game at all, let alone come out with the win.

So the Auburn road win is negated. The encouraging guard play from Auburn is a distant memory. Couldn't have been much worse in fact. MeMe simply vanished while Evina forced and struggled. Don't think this team can survive a day like this from both, and not for the whole game.

It's long term encouraging that some of the young players and role players, notably C Green, almost did enough to pull it out. Also, this team is undeniably tough and hard-working. But the problems remain the problems. Movement and passing back to the ash heap, one on one desperation back to the forefront. Bench clueless to reverse the process.

Not one but TWO last second chances on our end of the court, one drawn up during a time out, both result in continued offensive confusion and poor decision making. That's pretty much all you need to know.

Reactions: travis929 and T.J.

VN Store

Back