Lady Vols vs. Belmont Game Thread

I think Massengill and Burrell are putting in some quality minutes on offense. Collins is also doing well. Green really looks for her shot...maybe a bit too aggressively but she has hit some big shots this year so who am I to say? I think any of them could start and do really well as Green is showing. I would find a spot for Burrell on the high post where she could nail shots from the key and rebound out front but that's just me.
Can't have Zay shooting 13 shots . And she look lost on defense at times.

Did the Lady Vols play any zone defense during the game? I would have thought that a zone of some type might have slowed Belmont's ability to pick-and-roll and drive to the basket. Thanks for your replies.

What is bad is they sit over like they don't know what is going on half the time. Why don't they help her. Even Geno gets lots of help from his assistants. Chris Dailey should be a head coach for a top tier program.
She and Ralph both have had many opportunities and rather stay where they are!

If this is trupe fire her tonighr

WHy, I totally agree with staying man. The way they were shooting the three, it would have been open season for their shooters.

We also needed to fight through picks and screens and exhaust them on every bringdown. We needed to close-out on dribble pickups. We might have needed a timeout in Q3....You know, coaching stuff

WHy, I totally agree with staying man. The way they were shooting the three, it would have been open season for their shooters.

We also needed to fight through picks and screens and exhaust them on every bringdown. We needed to close-out on dribble pickups. We might have needed a timeout in Q3....You know, coaching stuff

Agreed I also would have called a time out and ripped Meme a new one at half court for jacking up those stupid threes. She was pressing to hard and why CHW left her in I don’t know because she wasn’t nice stopping the Belmont guard from penetrating. Out of all the players she has too much rope. Shooters gotta shoot but seniors gotta know when your shots not falling drive it in and dish not throw up a three or drive it into three defenders and lose the ball. A time out would have been the perfect time to get on her.

And that’s not a shot at Meme it’s just I expect more from her as a senior. I thought Rennia played a good game but got frustrated and disappeared and she can’t do that. That’s where ON COURT leadership have to get around her and let her know it’s ok.

Agreed I also would have called a time out and ripped Meme a new one at half court for jacking up those stupid threes. She was pressing to hard and why CHW left her in I don’t know because she wasn’t nice stopping the Belmont guard from penetrating. Out of all the players she has too much rope. Shooters gotta shoot but seniors gotta know when your shots not falling drive it in and dish not throw up a three or drive it into three defenders and lose the ball. A time out would have been the perfect time to get on her.

And that’s not a shot at Meme it’s just I expect more from her as a senior. I thought Rennia played a good game but got frustrated and disappeared and she can’t do that. That’s where ON COURT leadership have to get around her and let her know it’s ok.

I agree that Meme has to be held to a leadership standard

Reactions: FrozenLVFan

My problem is who makes the decision as to what defense to play. I don't know if the players didn't want to play zone but that should not be their decision. That is not theirs to make. Someone said Holly said that in her interview. Ihope not.Glad we got the win.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
secshortstop, I was raised to ignore ignorance, but it is really hard to do with your comment.

Ha.....Both of you wouldn't know posted sarcasm in here if it jumps up & bites you on the butt.
That post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Try to find a giggle sometime in here.....geez.

Last edited:
Reactions: brassie
GAMEDAY TIMES & BROADCAST INFO

TENNESSEE

Roster Schedule Game Notes (PDF) Media Guide
BELMONT

Roster Schedule Game Notes (PDF)
I have tried to get the lady vols on radio in middle Tenn. for years and could not. Today I got it. It was in the 3rd quarter and I was, as I have been for a good while very disappointed. After the game I listened to coach Holly and what she had to say. I was disappointed again. She said she asked the players if they wanted to play zone, and they said no. Do you think Pat ever asked the players what they wanted to play? If you want to see how far this program has fallen, let them just play Conn. I have heard Holly wants to renew the game with them. I sure hope they do, so we can get a new coach.

secshortstop, I was raised to ignore ignorance, but it is really hard to do with your comment.
Go back and keep beating yours! you are the ignorant one. put ignore since you are so active on the board with your piss poor attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and invite FP to help you

VN Store

Back