Lady Vols vs. Auburn Game Thread

NCAA regulations state that all players on the same team have to wear uniforms of the same "style and design." There are no provisions for shortening or making other alterations to shorts.

How do we get our girls to play that swarming D like Auburn. We would be crazy good. We definitely have the athletes and bodies to do so.

I don’t know the answer to that, but I think you’re right. One thing I *do* know from past personal experience is that playing swarming defense is extremely tiring. Swarming defense requires everyone keeping a low stance for quick reactions, and arms and hands extended and moving quickly in order to frustrate the opponent. These movements can take a lot out of an athlete very quickly.

Knowing that, my guess is that our players are conserving energy. While I fully understand not wanting to get too tired too early, I believe it is up to the coaches to devise a plan in which the players are only expected to do that for very short, intense spurts. The players have to be able to trust the coach that she won’t ask them to be that intense for 10 minutes solid. They will be willing to go that hard for, say, 60 seconds, then relax their muscles to allow the sudden buildup of painful and tiring lactic acid to dissipate.

ANY good athlete worth her salt can go hard for short spurts. But their natural instinct to preserve energy for later will kick in if the coach demands too much for too long. They have to be slowly trained to increase the length of time their bodies are capable of intensity, and the staff needs to show the players that they can be trusted to understand that.

Is it just me, or is anyone else disgusted with our proud Tennessee Lady Vols disrespecting the uniform by sticking their shorts under their underwear? Pat would have never allowed this. It is nasty looking. If they want shorter shorts, shorten them the professional way. This is very degrading and I can’t believe that Holly doesn’t demand that our players show more respect to the great Tennessee program.

If they can play at the level I want them to play at, they can wear kilts for all I care.

Bygones.

Reactions: Hangtyme24
I totally agree with the MeMe assessment and when coach Gordon got in her face (it was in a good way) letting MeMe know they couldn’t guard her, she continued to go off! She lights a fire under everyone and is a true senior leader! If she can get Cheridene on boad and lead the post players it will be hard for us to be beat!

Side note: Her draft stock is increasing every game!

You don't have to stay in Meme's face to get this.
But you do have to know WHEN to get in her grill.

Good read, BG
;o)

Reactions: Hangtyme24

VN Store

Back