Lady Vols Volleyballers take the win 3-2 from CSU in a barn burner!

StrangeVol

One heck of a match...the Lady Vols went down 0-2 and then battled back to take the match in 5 sets! Too many heroes to mention right now...I gotta catch my breath.

For any of you that want the stats...here's a link: Colorado St. vs Tennessee DI Women's Volleyball - Nov 30th, 2018 | NCAA.com

Lily Felts had 19 kills, Tessa Grubbs had 18 and Erica Treiber and Addisyn Rowe had 12 each. Sedora Hansen had 37 assists and Callie Willians had 26. Madison Coulter had 29 digs and Lily had 15. Danielle Mahaffey didn't rack up big numbers but she came up with multiple big plays at critical moments.

Last edited:
Callie Williams had some effective serving at crucial times. How 'bout Mehaffey down the stretch?

Northern Arizona beat Florida earlier in the year. Let's see if they can challenge the Cougars and make it a neutral court tomorrow night.

Callie Williams had some effective serving at crucial times. How 'bout Mehaffey down the stretch?

Northern Arizona beat Florida earlier in the year. Let's see if they can challenge the Cougars and make it a neutral court tomorrow night.

A neutral court would be ideal,,,but even if it's not...I think our girls have got their confidence up and they are a very dangerous team right now. I hate Coach Rackham is missing this experience...but she's kinda busy at the moment. :)

It also looks like all the SEC teams won their1st round matches. Maybe SEC Volleyball will get some respect going forward.

I'd love it if all our SEC teams made it through round two as well.

Florida did. Right now 6-0 for SEC. And 2 of those wins were against the Pac-12, so that could portend better seeding in the future with more respect. Little by little....

Reactions: RollerVol
Yes she is busy. I was not aware that she is marrying her assistant coach Gavin Watt. Another coaching family at the university. Great folks seems like.

A neutral court would be ideal,,,but even if it's not...I think our girls have got their confidence up and they are a very dangerous team right now. I hate Coach Rackham is missing this experience...but she's kinda busy at the moment. :)

True but credit to her assistants as they have been unflappable. How about that point the officials robbed from Rocky Perinar?

VN Store

Back