Lady Vols Softball

Very little beating into the ground as we use to do. No tv tomorrow so anyone there give some reports please.

Looks like Lair is getting more and more time at 2B this fall. It’ll be interesting to see how she and Fox battle it out in the spring. Both have speed and probably a push at 2B but Lair brings power too at the plate.

There's no reason Fox should be able to make the lineup, TBH. Unless it's against a cupcake.

Also is Thompson not healthy? Have we even seen her in the Fall yet? I don't recall hearing her name any.

Reactions: Majors
There's no reason Fox should be able to make the lineup, TBH. Unless it's against a cupcake.

Also is Thompson not healthy? Have we even seen her in the Fall yet? I don't recall hearing her name any.
Just seemed Fox was getting moved out as fall went along. She played well just don’t think she brings what Lair can. With Puni/Gibson/Weber being the DH it’ll be situational it seems.

My thoughts on the game.

Ashley had some bright spots and not so many low points, but I could tell the way she was pitching that she is trying to get back into the groove again. It’s a process so I am not worried whatsoever about her. I would’ve liked to see some of the other pitchers come in around the 6 and finished the game out, but according to Karen they’ve pitched all of the other fall games so I guess that’s okay.

Offensively, Chris Malveaux is our savior. I was very impressed with the 2 strike approach. I felt a lot of times last year they gave up on at-bats when they had 2 strikes so it was pleasing to see the battle within the at-bats.

Parsons looks like a different hitter when she swings away. I’d like her to keep that up & not so much the short game.

Zaida Puni!!! Man she has raw power. I was so amazed when she hit her first homer. I don’t think i’ve ever seen anyone with that much power in recent years.

West looked good behind the plate, i’m sure her relationship with all the pitchers will get better as the season goes along. In my opinion she is an upgrade from Shipman.

I am curious to see where Leach fits into the team & how that affects the lineup. I am guessing the lineup we saw today was the “starters” but I could be wrong.

Listening to Ralph being interviewed it seemed as if he has transitioned to a more of a motivational & wisdom type of coach which is good for these players.

Going by stats only Leach will only be a backup. Never have enough catching though.
I would even like her to be a game 2 catcher during sec play. Just to give west a break behind the plate. Against teams that steal a lot it would be a good change behind the plate to see a different arm.

Reactions: kregman
if this is Ashley’s new 100% we are still better off than last year. White is an instant upgrade and McCahren if she pulls into the #3 will be better than what Turner was last year as a #2
I don’t think is this is her 100%. I’d assume that the finger & back issue took a long time to get to a place where she is able to do a heavy workload. I think we will be fine. I think that turner wasn’t what the weeklys hoped she’d be.

Loved Ashley throwing a few sinkers. They don’t even have to be that great.
Saturday's game against Kentucky in Knoxville was cancelled because of inclement weather.
They knew that today was going to be all rain so why didn't they use a little foresight and reschedule the game for Sunday when the weather is supposed to be sunny and nice. Could have saved Kentucky a trip to Knoxville for nothing and if they had played early Sunday afternoon that would still give the kiddies time to get home for trick or treating. Just don't understand their way of thinking.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
Saturday's game against Kentucky in Knoxville was cancelled because of inclement weather.
They knew that today was going to be all rain so why didn't they use a little foresight and reschedule the game for Sunday when the weather is supposed to be sunny and nice. Could have saved Kentucky a trip to Knoxville for nothing and if they had played early Sunday afternoon that would still give the kiddies time to get home for trick or treating. Just don't understand their way of thinking.

Kentucky never came down here, they were supposed to travel this morning and held off until the status was determined. SEC doesn't allow overnight travel for offseason competitions in any sport.

It could not be postposed until Sunday because Saturday was the last fall practice date for UT. I forget what the exact numbers are, but you have X number of days to get in X number of practices. Saturday was the last day on UT's fall calendar, based on when they started practice six weeks ago.

Reactions: Nickid1975
Kentucky never came down here, they were supposed to travel this morning and held off until the status was determined. SEC doesn't allow overnight travel for offseason competitions in any sport.

It could not be postposed until Sunday because Saturday was the last fall practice date for UT. I forget what the exact numbers are, but you have X number of days to get in X number of practices. Saturday was the last day on UT's fall calendar, based on when they started practice six weeks ago.

That just shows really poor planning

Reactions: SEC FAN 1111

Thanks for the information, never realized the NCAA had such extensive rules and regulations concerning such matters.

Reactions: Rickster

VN Store

Back