Lady Vols Softball

One long term charge against the coaches is that they play favorites not tied in to production. How Parsons stayed at 2B so long and then came back later in the season to make crucial errors is beyond me.

Cheyanne Tarango immediately comes to mind.

Looks like Georgia may make it to the WCWS. Credit to Lou if they do cause there is nothing special about that team on paper.

you can check on the roster. She’s on scholarship. I think close to a full. She was a star all American in highschool. Pretty insane player.

She got some money when some on the roster opened up, but she was not initially signed as a scholarship player. I don’t think anyone had any illusions of her being a starter at any point in her career. From what I understand from someone at her high school, everyone was pretty clear on that throughout the process.

She got some money when some on the roster opened up, but she was not initially signed as a scholarship player. I don’t think anyone had any illusions of her being a starter at any point in her career. From what I understand from someone at her high school, everyone was pretty clear on that throughout the process.
She was off to ETSU and maybe that is where she lands now.

She did sign on as a scholarship player, although she didn’t get a full ride. She was promised playing time and certainly had plans to play, and I also think she went because Marc Weekly coached at her school. She wouldn’t have gone if she wasn’t expected to play.

Last edited:
Missouri losing at home to James Madison. I hope Missouri fires their coach! Rumor is every one in the SEC knows they don’t have what it takes!!

So your OK with the obvious decline in our softball program that’s happened slowly over the last 8-10 years, not just this year. The posts from coaches and parents of elite travel ball girls saying the Weekleys are a joke are just conspiracy theories from the rabid fans of the UT Softball team.... this isn’t the football side of Volnation. We don’t draw trolls in this thread.

Both the SEC regular season champs were swept on their home fields. Granted, Arizona was underseeded and honestly was probably a top 8 seed, but I have no idea what Florida's excuse is for that piss poor performance.

JMU's win streak is going to come to a crashing halt. They're probably toast for game 3 but we will see.

Both the SEC regular season champs were swept on their home fields. Granted, Arizona was underseeded and honestly was probably a top 8 seed, but I have no idea what Florida's excuse is for that piss poor performance.

JMU's win streak is going to come to a crashing halt. They're probably toast for game 3 but we will see.
Mizzou has two very legitimate pitchers in Jordan Weber and Laurin Krings. Wish we could say the same.

Reactions: volman128 and lvfan
JMU advances to OKC. Looks like my original statement of LSU, Mizzou and Tennessee being overseeded and Arizona and FSU being underseeded played out.

Let's see how OSU/Texas and UCLA/VT play out. Then the field will be set.

Reactions: WizardofOz
How many players and recruits at UT transfer after this wasted season
Recruits should be good, I foresee more in the 2022 class with the roster attrition. Another pitcher maybe and utility/speed.

Players, I expect 1 more pitcher as Hazelwood shouldn’t have surprised anyone. Maybe add one to the 2021 class if they can find a hidden gem or add to 2022.

Last edited:
I can't believe it, the first batter for Missouri hit a towering home run. I figured the JMU pitcher would fall apart. Wrong!!

Said it when they were here that Odicci Alexander is the type of player we overlook. Played for Beverly Bandits but smaller pitcher who didn’t t have the accolades or rankings.

Reactions: volinjax
Markc Weekly doesn't count and I would be willing to bet playing time wasn't the issue.

Said it when they were here that Odicci Alexander is the type of player we overlook. Played for Beverly Bandits but smaller pitcher who didn’t t have the accolades or rankings.

Be interesting to see what she's does against OU. Opening game.

Reactions: Majors
Schools can visit prospects face to face, have kids on campus and go to games. About to get interesting

VN Store

Back