Lady Vols Softball

Ashley came off like catch the dang ball! We know right now we have no great second pitcher but I’m afraid the death of us will be our defensive miscues.

I’ve watched balls from the outfield all year that wasn’t even close that was ten feet over the fence at least.

Don't understand why the Weekly's keep striking out on pitchers they recruit. Rogers and Arnold have been the only 2 elite pitchers they have brought in the last 4-5 yrs that turned out as hyped. As others have said already, lack of a good 2nd pitcher will limit this teams post-season success.

Don't understand why the Weekly's keep striking out on pitchers they recruit. Rogers and Arnold have been the only 2 elite pitchers they have brought in the last 4-5 yrs that turned out as hyped. As others have said already, lack of a good 2nd pitcher will limit this teams post-season success.

What do you mean Moss got to UT in 2016 was good the other pitcher that year was Gabriel who was a senior...In 2017 Arnold shows up....Moss was not a bad pitcher at all

Turner has to be the number two pitcher best we got other than Rogers. She is injured right now hopefully not for two long. She could be effective if we had a better defense a lot of hitter hit little weak ground balls that the fielders can't handle or get to. She does walk to many but she is the best we got other than Rogers this season. Bailey and the rest have a long way to go against SEC and P5 hitting.

Turner has to be the number two pitcher best we got other than Rogers. She is injured right now hopefully not for two long. She could be effective if we had a better defense a lot of hitter hit little weak ground balls that the fielders can't handle or get to. She does walk to many but she is the best we got other than Rogers this season. Bailey and the rest have a long way to go against SEC and P5 hitting.
I don't have the stats but she has cut her walks way down. I have a theory and it is just that that she really spins the ball as a lefty and it does come off bats different. She has to you are right have a solid defense behind her because she is not a high strikeout pitcher. She can get people out and has shown she can pitch well against better teams, but has to have her change up dialed in and the infield defense has to be solid.

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back