Lady Vols Softball

2. Have not experienced players doing that in the 10+ years I've been around the program.

How shocking that an announcer who comes onto message boards and carries water for the UTAD under two different screennames (the other one of which you've used in this very thread) has never seen it.

Literally every single parent I've talked to over the years both in person and online has admitted that Karen is a hard ass and the players have trouble relating to her -- even the ones that were four year starters and loved their time at UT. That doesn't mean they hate her but they sure as hell don't want to make a mistake in practice in her presence.

Among players on scholarship, our transfer rate has been similar to other top programs. Players that were walk-ons have left to go to smaller schools that had money for them. And the list of players that left here and had significant success is pretty short. Caylan Arnold, obviously. Jessica Spigner to a lesser extent, but she was asked to leave. Beyond that, you'll have to remind me of someone that was great after departing.

It didn't used to be. It used to be a running joke on the UCS board that UT stood for University of Transfer.

It's not about 'being great after departing', it's about how it affects the program. UT has lost tons of important players over the years, many of them starters. Stacey Jennings, Alexia Clay, Lianne Horiuchi, Jennifer Griffin, Jen Lapicki (who was a walk-on and was told she would be given money after her freshman year ... which didn't happen), Ashton Ward (who the staff basically destroyed both mechanically and mentally), Hannah Akamine, Annie Aldrete, Taylor Koenig, Haley Tobler (who was another walk on that they wouldn't give money to), Shay Geathers, Brooke Vines, Caylan Arnold.

You might say BuT i SaId ScHoLaRsHiP pLaYeRs. But I find it interesting that a player like Haley Tobler was good enough to be a regular starter in both the batting lineup and field her sophomore year, but when she asked for financial assistance she was told to kick rocks.

Also, Andi Williamson was very good at Marshall, but obviously she was a walk-on at UT. And Spigner never did anything at Arizona so idk why you even mentioned her. Taylor Rowland was an AA at LBSU. Griffin was also a very good player at LBSU.

Conditional releases aren't a thing in softball.

They used to be and I'm sure you know that. That's why back in the day some players could play immediately and others had to sit out. IIRC, both Brittany Bessho and Stacey Jennings transferred to Maryland but one was immediately eligible and the other had to sit out. And neither was a walk-on, so that wasn't what it was. Aldrete and Koenig were both given conditional releases. A list of schools they could go to if they wanted to play immediately.

Also, while I'm on the subject, they didn't like Koenig's "lifestyle" and they didn't like Jennifer Griffin's, either, which played into her leaving. I'm sure you can fill in the blanks on that. And yes, I am making the exact accusation that you think I'm making.

And that's on the player, not the coach. Most successful programs have found players that are excited to thrive in those roles. Tennessee has in recent seasons. Players like Tianna Batts and Treasury Poindexter have done exactly that and have thrived in the PH/PR/defensive replacement roles.

That doesn't disprove my point. I never said nobody wants to be a lifetime PH/PR. I said not everyone wants to be. And this is especially true for those that were brought into the program being made to believe that they would get lots of playing time. As for if it's on the coach or not, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. There have been players who have left UT because they never got roles that they were told they would get when they were recruited. Coaches should be up front with recruits in the recruiting process, something the Weeklys are known to not be.

You can think what you want to think, and I don't weigh in very often, but your outside perception based on who you say you talk to is simply not reality, based on what I've seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears. And I'm willing to sign my name to that.

Interesting. Does that mean you weren't willing to sign your name to all the stuff you post under your alias? Why not just use this account for everything? Oh, that's right ... because it's easier to push propaganda when you're doing it anonymously. It's not like everyone here from TS doesn't know your other name is you -- you never really hid who you were there. I'm sure you'll have fun gaslighting and denying this like you always do, but I just find it funny that you're getting all sanctimonious with your "I'm willing to sign my name to that" comment. Also, why would anyone actually believe an employee of the University of Tennessee is going to come on to a message board and admit anything, whether they know about it or not?

Last edited:
Hoping Ayala and West will be back by Friday. SC probably the second worse pitching staff in the SEC and other than one game we've struggled against their pitching. Key homer by Seggern tonight gave us some breathing room.

Reactions: volfan__18

VN Store

Back