Lady Vols Soccer vs Stanford TODAY at 5:00 pm!

Well....it is what it is. We ran into a team of all-stars and we didn't match up well against their raw talent. We certainly could have played better but we seemed almost awestruck in the first half and just wanted to fall back and defend. Didn't work.

On the other hand, we had a great year and I'm proud of the girls. They did their best. Somebody said earlier that Stanford is the Alabama football team of soccer. That pretty much covers it.

Now that the season is over I have some comments I'll offer in a few days. More or less, things we could improve on. If you noted the differences (other than raw talent) of how Stanford plays versus how we play the differences are obvious and telling at this level of competition.

Well....it is what it is. We ran into a team of all-stars and we didn't match up well against their raw talent. We certainly could have played better but we seemed almost awestruck in the first half and just wanted to fall back and defend. Didn't work.

On the other hand, we had a great year and I'm proud of the girls. They did their best. Somebody said earlier that Stanford is the Alabama football team of soccer. That pretty much covers it.

Now that the season is over I have some comments I'll offer in a few days. More or less, things we could improve on. If you noted the differences (other than raw talent) of how Stanford plays versus how we play the differences are obvious and telling at this level of competition.
Looking forward to hear your comments SV. Have enjoyed your insight.

Reactions: StrangeVol

Yes, I've watched Stanford all year. They value the ball, they don't just lob it in the box like many teams do. They basically play like Barca. Tremendous passing, speed, and athletisism. USC and Ucla do the same.

Yes, I've watched Stanford all year. They value the ball, they don't just lob it in the box like many teams do. They basically play like Barca. Tremendous passing, speed, and athletisism. USC and Ucla do the same.

That's one of my major issues with our team....we make way too many passes without purpose. By that I mean we just kick the ball down the field and hope one of our players can get on the end of it. More often than not they cant and (like Stanford did so often) it usually results in a counterattack with all our forwards running the wrong direction.

Stanford plays soccer as it should be played, accurate passing and players always in the right position to receive a pass. Us, not so much.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back